手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第四季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第7集 从此要脱掉军装了

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Hi. My name is Therese Dodd

大家好,我叫特蕾泽·多德
and these are my breasts.
这是我的乳房
Breast cancer is a serious matter.
乳腺癌是严重的问题
Early detection can save lives.
及早发现可以拯救生命
And so, as a public service,
因此,出于为人民服务精神
I will now demonstrate a self-exam.
我为大家展示一下乳房自检
This is serious.
这事很严肃
You do have a bra on under that, right?
你衬衫下面穿了胸罩的,对吧
No, Joey,
没有,乔伊
what I have is a drive to help women.
我有的,是帮助女性的一腔热血
Yeah, see, we're live, so it's probably best...
我们在直播,所以最好还是...
Okay, there they are.
好吧,露出来了
And did you hear the host say that?
你听到主持人说的话了吗
Say we were live?
说我们在直播?
Yeah.
听到了
But I thought it was like a seven-second delay or something.
但我以为有7秒延迟什么的
Did you just smile at your lawyer
你刚刚冲你的律师笑
because he coached you to say that?
是因为他教你这么说的吗
Objection.
反对
No, I smiled at my lawyer because he's cute.
不,我冲我的律师笑是因为他长得帅
You're being sued for $2 million, Ms. Dodd.
你被起诉并被索赔200万,多德小姐
I would take this more seriously if I were you.
如果我是你,我会表现得严肃些
The first step to a self-exam is...
自检的第一步是...
Stop looking over there. I am right here.
别往那边看,我在这儿呢
Cover that up. We're not...
盖上点,我们不...
The first thing you want to do with your...
首先要对你做的...
Okay! - is touch and massage them like so.
拜托,是这样抚摸并按摩它们
We have placed censor boxes over the offending areas,
我们用黑框遮住了不雅部位
but on that day, your routine was sent out
但当天,你的这段表演还是被
to eight million households.
800万家庭观看到了
But you didn't care, did you, Ms. Dodd?
但你无所谓,是吧,多德小姐
Well, I cared about women being informed about breast cancer.
我在意的是让女性了解乳腺癌
Oh, Ms. Dodd, really?
多德小姐,真的吗
That's why you disrobed? Sure.
这就是你脱衣服的原因吗,当然
My mom died of breast cancer last year. Why else?
我母亲去年死于乳腺癌,还能是为什么
Because you happened to have a humorous book
因为你刚好有一本搞笑书
coming out in two months.
将在两个月后发行
And you didn't care that you were using vulgar language
而你也不在意你在800万观众前
in front of eight million viewers?
使用粗俗语言吗
What do you mean, "vulgar"?
你说的"粗俗"是指什么
Which word?
哪个词
I think you know, ma'am.
我想你心里清楚,女士
No, I don't.
不,我不清楚
Honestly, which one?
说真的,哪个词
It rhymes with "Bits."
和bits押韵的词
It rhymes with "Bits"?
和bits押韵的词?
Are we eight years old?
我们是八岁小孩吗
You mean...
你是说...
Bob, would you close that, please?
鲍勃,麻烦你把窗户关上好吗
You enjoy using vulgar language to provoke,
你喜欢使用粗俗语言来引起注意
don't you, Ms. Dodd? I do.
是吧,多德小姐,是的
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有其它问题了,法官阁下
Therese, did you go on the show intending
特蕾泽,你上节目之前就想好
to take off your blouse? No.
要脱衣服了吗,不是的
And did you feel that the show pushed you
那你是否觉得是节目组煽动你
to do something outrageous?
做出些离谱的举动来?
Oh, yeah, they always have me on to push the envelope.
是的,他们经常鼓励我打破常规
And you were told that the talk show would be delayed
你被告知,脱口秀节目由于橄榄球赛超时
due to a football overrun?
而延迟播出?
Yes. And therefore,
是的,而因此
you thought that the show would be broadcast
你以为节目播出的时间
during the safe harbor period?
是在"安全港时段"?
Uh... what?
什么
Safe harbor. It's the time after 10:00 p.m.
安全港,指晚10点以后
and before 6:00 a.m.
至早6点以前的时间段
when network programs can, according to FCC rules,
根据联邦通信委规定,该时段电视台
show nudity and use language like...
可以播放裸体和粗口,例如...
Bob, how are we getting on with that window?
鲍勃,那扇窗关得怎么样了
Yes, Counselor,
是的,律师
I thought the show was going on at 10:00 p.m.
我以为节目会在晚10点播出
And therefore, the words you used,
因此,你使用的语言
and the skin you exposed,
和你裸露身体的行为
was problematic only due to the network's self-imposed censorship?
只是与电视台自己加给自己的审查相冲突?
Your Honor, it doesn't matter.
法官阁下,那并不重要
The show was taped in Chicago,
节目是在芝加哥录制的
but broadcast live on the West Coast at 8:00 p.m.
但于晚8点在西海岸直播
Yes, but that wasn't Therese's decision.
是,但那并不是特蕾泽做的决定
That was the network's.
而是电视台的决定
She thought the show was safely in the safe harbor.
她以为节目在安全港时段播出
Ms. Dodd signed a contract with the network,
多德小姐是与电视台签的合同
not with the FCC.
不是与联邦通信委
Let me get this straight.
我们把话说明白了
The FCC says I can strip down naked
联邦通信委允许我脱光衣服或说粗话
and talk dirty like a cable show,
像在有线台那样
but the network says I can't?
但你们电视台却不允许吗
Ms. Dodd, please let your attorney ask the questions.
多德小姐,请让你的律师来提问
I'm just surprised,
我只是感到惊讶
aren't you?
你不吃惊吗
The network can show the same stuff as cable,
电视台可以和有线台播出同样的内容
but they choose not to?
但他们选择不这么做?
Your Honor, this lawsuit is a sham.
法官阁下,这起官司不过是故作姿态
Mr. Preston and his client, the network,
普莱斯顿先生和他的当事人,即该电视台
know they can't get $2 million from my client.
知道无法从我的当事人身上拿走200万
They are suing her for the same reason
他们起诉她的原因
their Standards and Practices are stricter than the FCC.
与他们的规则比联邦通信委更严格的原因相同
For their advertisers.
是为了他们的广告商
Mr. Gardner makes a sound point, Mr. Preston.
加德纳先生说得很有道理,普莱斯顿先生
Ms. Dodd shouldn't be liable for the network's choices.
多德小姐不应为电视台的选择负责
There's only one question remaining for me
现在我只剩下一个问题
and that's premeditation.
就是是否有预谋
Unless you have evidence to prove Ms. Dodd went on the show
除非你们能证明多德小姐在上节目前
intending to perform indecent material--
就想好要做出不雅表现
for instance, an earlier and identical stand-up routine--
比如之前曾有过同样的公开表演
then I am prone to dismiss.
否则我倾向于驳回诉讼
I don't understand breasts.
我搞不懂乳房
They're made of fat;
它们由脂肪组成
they sag; they drool; and guys still go for them.
会下垂,会溢液,但男人们照样喜欢
It's like being turned on by Jabba the Hutt.
这简直跟被赫特人贾巴激起性致一样,
I've decided to name mine.
我决定给我的胸部起名字
This one's Margie.
这边叫玛吉
Margie's the misunderstood one...
玛吉是被误解的那个
Anything yet now? No.
找到什么吗,没有
Another breast routine.
还有一个关于乳房的表演
But different material.
但内容不同
Do you think she's funny?
你觉得她好笑吗
Sometimes. You?
有时吧,你呢
It seems like an easy laugh-- breasts.
感觉她的笑料很廉价,都是关于乳房
Well, guys make penis jokes.
男人们也会拿小弟弟开玩笑
Yeah.
没错
Yeah, those are easy, too.
那些笑话也很廉价
You've, um, been spending a lot of time with Clarke.
你...最近和克拉克接触不少
Yeah.
Everything okay?
一切都好吗
Yeah.
很好
He just... he just likes to talk.
他...只是很喜欢聊天
Laura? Oh, hello, Alicia.
劳拉,你好,艾丽西娅
How are you? Good.
你好吗,很好
You're out of uniform, Captain.
你今天没穿军装啊,上尉
Permanently. Unfortunately.
很不幸,我从此要脱掉军装了
What? Why?
什么,为什么
My choice.
我自己的决定
I was losing my bearings,
我迷失了方向
things soured.
事情都变味了
I'm on the market now.
我要出来找工作了
Whee...
欢呼吧
You're... looking for a job? Yeah.
你在...找工作?对
No, not here.
但不是在这儿
I'm out there checking out the job market.
我出来去人才市场的
This is my interview outfit.
这是我的面试装
So you're here...?
那你过来是要...
Oh, my bill. I haven't paid it yet.
来付账,我还没付律师费呢
Oh, God, I'm so sorry.
天呐,我真的很抱歉
What? Why?
为什么
We lost. But we did our best.
我们输了,但我们已经做到最好了
Don't worry.
别担心
So can you show me to Clarke Hayden?
你能告诉我克拉克·海登在哪吗
Um, that door.
那个屋子
And, Laura, if you need anything--
还有,劳拉,如果你需要帮助
I started over pretty late.
我是年龄很大了才又重新开始工作
So, if you want to talk.
所以,你愿意的话可以找我聊聊
I'll call you.
我会给你打电话的
Hello?
你好
Hello.
你好
What do you think of Brazilian food?
你喜欢巴西菜吗
What do I... What?
我喜欢...什么
Yes, Gus, we take Maddie Hayward
对,格斯,我们认为玛蒂·海沃德
very seriously as a contender.
是一个有力的竞争者
But our eye is still on the Republican, Kresteva.
但我们的关注点依然在共和党的克里斯特瓦
One question. Maddie's worth $180 million--
还有一个问题,玛蒂身家1.8亿美元
that's a lot of ad buys.
广告位可以买很多
You're telling me you're not worried?
而你还表示完全不担心吗
I'm telling you, these millionaires always
我是说,这些富豪
burn themselves out after a while
随后总会自我毁灭
because money only gets you so far.
因为钱只能让你走到这么远
Now does anyone have a question about, you know, the issues?
现在,有人有正经问题要问吗
Wait, Eli, Eli.
等等,伊莱,伊莱
What about Peter sleeping with a campaign worker?
彼得和竞选工作人员上床是怎么回事
Is that you, Mitch?
是你吗,米奇
This is crap and you know it.
你知道的,那都是胡扯
Synth printed it, Eli.
杂志社都发稿了,伊莱
A disgraced reporter printed it.
一个失检的记者发了稿而已
Peter Florrick has categorically denied these charges,
彼得·福瑞克明确否认了这种指控
and the accuser has been proved a liar.
原告也被证明在说谎了
Now, are there any real questions?
现在,有人有真正算问题的问题吗
Sure. One.
好吧,还有一个
Okay. Who's this?
好的,请问是哪位
Wexler Turner from NSW News.
NSW新闻的韦克斯勒·特纳
Uh... okay, go for it.
好的,请讲
Can you respond to reports that this campaign worker
那个竞选工作人员指出了彼得·福瑞克身上
has identified a distinguishing mark
有明显的标记
on Peter Florrick's anatomy?
你对此可有回应
You're kidding.
你在开玩笑吧
No, sir.
先生,我没有
She says he has a birthmark on his penis,
她说他阴茎上有块胎记
shaped like Brazil.
形状像巴西版图
Can you confirm or deny that Florrick has such a birthmark?
你能确认福瑞克是否有这样的胎记吗
This is...
这是...
How dare you, sir?
先生,你怎能如此大胆
"At long last, how dare you"?
终于来了,你怎能如此大胆
This is an outrage.
这极其离谱
Do you guys listen to yourselves anymore?
你们说话还过脑子吗
Okay, that's the Morning Call for today.
今天的早间采访到此为止了
Get the candidate on the phone.
给我接候选人的电话
Where is he?
他去哪了
And someone call Alicia.
麻烦谁给艾丽西娅打个电话
Rebecca Stokes.
我叫丽贝卡·斯托克斯
I'm a makeup artist with ten years' experience.
我是有十年经验的化妆师
And did you do the makeup
事发那天晚上
for the defendant on the night in question?
你给被告化妆了吗
Yes. Hi, Therese.
是的,你好,特蕾泽
And when you do the makeup for guests...
一般你给顾客化妆时...
Strike that.
收回这句话
Was there anything unusual you did
你在多德女士的妆容上
with Ms. Dodd's makeup? Yeah.
用了什么特殊手法吗,对
Uh, no.
没有
I mean, just, um, foundation and blush.
我是说,只打了底,上了腮红
What do you mean?
你想问什么呢
Was there anything unusual regarding the placement?
在上妆的部位上有什么不同寻常的吗
The placement?
部位?
I, uh...
我...
You usually only do makeup on the face?
你通常只会给脸部上妆吧
Oh, yeah, and sometimes the arms.
对,有的时候还有胳膊
And what did Ms. Dodd ask you to do?
那多德女士要求你做什么呢
Oh, I see.
哦,我明白了
She wanted makeup on her chest.
她希望给胸部上妆
And by her chest, you don't mean
是她的胸部,你说的
just the cleavage?
不只是乳沟吧?
I do.
是啊
No, uh, but you mean more than that?
不,你的意思是要上妆的部位不仅乳沟吧
Oh, yeah.
She wanted both her breasts done.
她想给两个乳房都上妆
I thought it was unusual because,
我觉得要求很不寻常
you know, the camera is only gonna see the cleavage,
摄像机只能拍到乳沟的
but then it made sense after I saw.
但我看过录像后就明白了
Okay.
好的
What do you want?
你们想怎样
$2 million. Mr. Preston,
200万,普莱斯顿先生
our client can't pay a tenth of that.
我们的客户连十分之一都付不起
She can when her book comes out.
等她的书出了就可以了
And how will that look for your network,
这样你们电视网又树立了什么形象
bankrupting a comedian whose mother died of breast cancer?
把一个母亲死于乳腺癌的喜剧演员逼到破产?
It'll look like we take decency on our airwaves seriously.
那表明我们非常在意节目的体面
Then have our client apologize.
那让我们的客户道歉
Have her do a PSA for you.
给你们拍段公益广告
No. Thank you, though.
不,还是谢谢了
Yes, Mr. Hayden.
请说,海登先生
Nothing. Just clearing my throat.
没事,就是清清嗓子
Then we have nothing to negotiate.
我们无须再谈
We'll see you in court.
法庭见
Parents Against Indecency
"家长抵制下流"组织
have bombarded the FCC with letters and complaints
已经向联邦通信委
regarding Ms. Dodd's little stunt.
轰炸式投诉多德女士的表演
And our expectation is the FCC
我们预计,联邦通信委
will fine us the maximum: $3 million.
会对我们处以最高额罚款,300万
Mr. Preston, we've already made clear our client can't...
普莱斯顿先生,我方已表明当事人无力...
Over the next two days,
未来两天
I'm meeting individually
我将分别
with three of the FCC commissioners to lobby them.
游说联邦通信委的3名委员
The three swing votes.
3张摇摆票
There is one thing your client can do to quash our suit.
欲令我方息诉,你的当事人有一条路可走
Apologize.
道歉
Tell them the saintly story of her mom dying of cancer,
把她母亲死于癌症这个桥段娓娓告知
and her sense of overexuberance at wanting to do something about it.
同时还要吐露她为抗癌做贡献的超凡激情
You'll quash the suit if she does?
若她照做你方便肯息诉
No, I'll quash the suit if she's successful.
不,是她把事办好我们就息诉
She needs to convince two of the three swing votes
要使联邦通信委免除罚款
for the FCC to drop their fine.
她需赢得3张摇摆票的2张
She does that, she doesn't pay a cent.
她若做得到,就一分钱不用赔
We have no choice.
我们别无选择
I know. That's not the concern.
我知道,我担心的不是这个
The concern is her.
我担心的是她
She won't go?
担心她不肯去?
No, she will. She just...
不是,她会去,只不过
She needs a babysitter.
必须有人盯着她才行
Alicia, you go with her to D.C.
艾丽西娅,你跟她去首都
Make sure she stays in line.
要确保她言行得当
Uh, Cary will go with you.
凯里会跟你去
I don't think we need two.
用不着两个人吧
I can stay. Do you mind giving us a minute?
我可以留下,你介意回避下吗
Sure.
好的
You don't think Alicia can do it?
你觉得艾丽西娅搞不定?
No, I think we need to use Cary more.
不是,我觉得应该多用凯里
He's taking a backseat on too many cases.
他处理了太多案件的幕后工作
He complained?
他向你抱怨了?
No, he didn't have to. I noticed.
不,不用他抱怨,我能察觉
You think I'm holding him back?
你觉得我打压他了?
I think you're the head of litigation,
我觉得你是诉讼部的负责人
and we need to use Cary more.
我们需要多用用凯里
That's all.
仅此而已
What's going on there?
他们在说什么
Nice to meet you, Mr. Hayden.
很高兴见到你,海登先生
And you.
我也很高兴见到你
Lockhart/Gardner is a good firm.
洛克哈特&加德纳是间优秀律所
It has the feel of a family-run business,
颇有家族企业之风范
but the client base of a Portman & Michaels.
又有与波特曼&迈克尔所同级别的客户群
I don't think I...
我不认为我...
You know we're on opposite sides of this suit?
你也知道我们是本案的当事双方吧
I also know you're looking to expand
我还知道你们打算把业务
from L.A. To the Midwest.
从洛杉矶扩展到中西部来
We're looking to build, not purchase.
我们打算自营,而非收购
Yes, but isn't it easier to remodel an existing home
没错,但是相对开疆扩土而言
than to build a new one?
改朝换代不是更便捷吗
Not if the foundation is compromised.
也得看旧朝基业是否稳定
Well, why don't you test the foundation
那么,何不亲临其境
to see if it's compromised?
探个明白
Does the firm want to be acquired?
这家律所希望被收购吗
It's not up to the firm.
所里的意见不算数
It's up to the courts.
法院判决才是关键
With my input.
我的报告举足轻重
Then I'll consider it.
我会考虑此事
You want to know what?
你们想问什么
We don't want to know anything.
我们什么都不想问
I do.
我想问
How is it even possible
怎么可能会长出
to have a birthmark shaped like Brazil?
巴西版图形状的胎记呢
So, you don't?
就是说,你没长?
No, Jim. I don't.
没有,吉姆,我没长
Would you like to check?
你要亲自检查一下吗
Okay, here's the problem.
好了,问题出在这儿
We buried the affair story,
我们了结了婚外情事件
but this is different.
但此事不同
This is late-night fodder.
这是深夜电视笑话的绝好素材
It's also the perfect political trap.
也是个完美的政治陷阱
We can't have the candidate say that he doesn't have
我们不能让候选人声明自己的阴茎上
a Brazil-shaped birthmark on his penis.
没长巴西版图形状的胎记
We can't have surrogates say it because how did they see?
团队代表也不能表态,因为他们怎么可能会看到
We could have the wife.
可以让妻子出来说
No. No.
不,不行
Then we change the subject.
那我们只好转移话题
Boy.
天呐
You ever wonder about this country?
你们不对这个国家感到纳闷吗
All the time.
一直很纳闷
Well, here's the real worry.
我们真正需要忧虑的是
If this is the perfect political trap,
若此事真是一个精心策划的政治陷阱
I don't think Indira Starr was smart enough to think it up.
我不认为尹迪拉·斯塔有这个头脑
Kresteva?
克里斯特瓦呢
Sounds like him.
手段确似他所为
I think our Republican opponent is up to his old tricks.
看来咱们的共和党对手故技重施了
I'm on it.
我会调查清楚
What do you have?
有何良策
To change the subject?
要转移话题吗
A rumor.
爆个丑闻如何
Maddie Hayward, your primary opponent--
玛蒂·海沃德,你们的初选对手
she's sleeping with her aide.
跟她的助手有一腿
Mmm, not big enough. She's single.
这个料不够劲爆,她本来就单身
The aide is a girl.
助手是女的
Okay.
Our fingerprints cannot be on this.
绝不能被人看出是我们爆料
And get some photos if you can.
尽量搞点照片出来
So, I have to tell three FCC commissioners
我需要对3个联邦通信委的委员
about my mom dying of cancer?
说我妈死于癌症的事?
I believe in you.
我相信你能做到
Do you like Coldplay?
你喜欢酷玩乐队吗
Do I like them?
我喜不喜欢他们
Enough.
还行吧
I hate them. Okay.
我讨厌他们,好吧
When I get to the part about my mom's hair falling out,
当我说到我妈开始掉头发那段时
You》 I want you to hum "Fix You."
我要你哼他们的《Fix
She only needs two of the three swing votes.
她只需要3张摇摆票的2张
Can she do it?
她能做到吗
She's motivated.
她动力十足
Good.
很好
It must be difficult, this bankruptcy.
很难熬吧,破产危机
Not really.
也不是啊
But you've lost 40% of your attorneys?
但是你们解聘了40%的律师吧
We still have our major clients.
我们的大客户都还在
Even family law?
家庭法律部也是吗
They have their major clients?
他们的大客户都还在吗
Yes. Why?
是的,怎么了
Rank, unfettered curiosity.
无来由的好奇心罢了
You don't have to tell me.
你不用再说了
I'm on your side.
我站在你这边
Wow. That was easy.
那简单多了
They made me think I had to take you in the next room
他们给我的感觉是我得带你到另一个房间
and give you a... So, we can depend on your vote, sir?
给你... 先生,你会投票给我们吧
Certainly.
当然
But I've always thought you network folk
我总觉得你们电视网这群人
were too terrified of us at the FCC anyway.
过于害怕我们联邦通信委了
We're not the ones infantilizing entertainment.
让娱乐节目幼儿化的并不是我们
That's what I told him. So hypocritical.
我也是那样告诉他的,太虚伪了
You allow yourselves to show naked bodies
只要身体受伤满是鲜血
just as long as they're bruised and covered in blood.
就可以光着身子
Yeah. Why is that, Burl?
是的,为什么呢,伯尔
We're not talking about... Tell us.
我们谈论的不是... 告诉我们
Okay. Thank you so much, Commissioner Gill.
好,非常感谢,吉尔委员
I haven't talked about my mom dying yet.
我还没谈到我母亲的死呢
That's okay, Therese.
不用了,特蕾泽
Okay. Thank you.
好,谢谢
Nice paperweight.
好漂亮的镇纸
First effort in metal shop or something?
加工车间的第一件成品还是什么
That's from 9/11.
那来自911
Damn those terrorists and their paperweights.
恐怖分子和他们的镇纸真可恨
I know, I know.
我知道,我知道
Comedy killer.
喜剧杀手
Do you think we'll be all right?
你觉得我们会没事吗
He's on board, but we can't be going off script like that.
他已经站我们这边了,但我们不能那样不按计划
Cary?
凯里
Sir.
你好
I didn't know you were in town.
我不知道你也在这儿
Work. The FCC.
公差,找联邦通信委
But you're still with, um...?
你还在...
Lockhart/Gardner, yeah.
是的,还在洛克哈特&加德纳律所
Uh, excuse me.
不好意思
This is my colleague, Alicia Florrick.
这是我的同事,艾丽西娅·福瑞克
My father, Jeffrey Agos.
我的父亲,杰弗里·艾格斯
Really?
是吗
What a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Agos. And you.
很高兴见到你,我也是
How's Mom?
妈妈怎么样
Good.
很好
Last I heard.
上次我听说的
Martha? Uh, overseas in China.
玛莎呢,在中国
Back in a month.
一个月后回来
And how's, uh, that girl of yours?
你的女朋友怎么样
That girl? Which one?
那个女朋友,哪个
The last one. The pretty one.
上次那个,漂亮的那个
You mean from law school? Yes.
你是指法学院的那个吗,是的
I haven't seen her in five years, Dad.
爸爸,那是五年前的事了
It was a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Agos.
艾格斯先生,很高兴见到你
Cary is quite the lawyer.
凯里是个好律师
So, who are you here to see?
那么,你来这里见谁
Commissioner Bix today.
今天是见比克斯委员
Martinez tomorrow.
明天见马丁内斯委员
Ah. You want me to put in a good word for you?
需要我为你美言几句吗
Had lunch with them both.
和他们吃过午饭
No, we're fine.
不用了,我们可以的
How long you been doing this?
你做这个多久了
Watching Maddie's house?
监视玛蒂家吗
No. This. The business.
不是,做这种工作
A while.
一阵子了
Me, too.
我也是
That her?
那是她吗
The aide?
那个助手吗
No.
不是
Who is it?
那是谁
Indira Starr.
尹迪拉·斯塔
She's meeting with Maddie Hayward?
她与玛蒂·海沃德来往?
That explains who's behind the birthmark rumor.
这就找到了胎记谣言的始作俑者
First of all, no 9-11 jokes,
第一,不说关于911的玩笑
are we agreed?
同意吗
Oh, no.
不妙
I thought the commissioner was just meeting with us.
我以为委员只约见我们
What?
怎么说
Punch Sutton.
潘奇·萨顿
The chair of Parents Against Indecency.
"家长抵制下流"组织的主席
Hello.
你好
Oh, hi, Laura. How are you?
劳拉,你怎么样
Good. Really good, I think.
好,很好,我觉得
I just... I need your help.
我只是需要你的帮助
Do you know Eddie Kolakowski at Armstrong, Hayes & LeGarde?
你认识阿姆斯特朗律所的艾迪·科拉科夫斯基吗
Uh, yes. I mean, by name.
这个名字,我知道
Do you think you could call him and say nice things about me?
你可以打电话给他,替我美言几句吗
Certainly. So, the interview went well?
当然,面试进行得不错吧
I hate saying that and jinxing things,
我不想败人品
but they said it's between me and one other person.
但他们说最后在我和另一个人之间二选一
That's fantastic.
太好了
In this economy?
特别是在这样的经济形势下
I know. It's really a cattle call out here.
就是啊,应聘的人排长队呢
Well, I will call.
我会打电话的
And congratulations.
还有恭喜你
Don't say that yet.
先不要这样说
Take it back.
你先收回
We have over 3,000 complaints, Commissioner,
委员,我们收到了超过3000个投诉
all regarding this full frontal nudity.
都是关于这次的正面裸露事件
Yes, but all those complaints were organized
是的,但这些投诉
by Parents Against Indecency itself.
都是由"家长抵制下流"自身组织的
We have children, just like you.
和你一样,我们都有小孩
We're worried about the vulgarization of our culture.
我们对社会风气低俗化表示担忧
This isn't about one swear word or a glimpse of a breast.
这不是一句脏话或者胸部一瞥
This is about the floodgates...
这是关于操控尺度闸门的问题
But the floodgates are open, sir.
先生,这个闸门原本就敞开着
The screens have multiplied--
媒体形式增加了
iPad with iPads, iPods, the Internet... iPod
还有网络
Then you should be happy.
那你应该感到高兴
There are many avenues for this type of content.
有很多可以接触这类内容的渠道
But why is it wrong to insist on one place where parents
但家长们坚守这一处纯洁阵地
don't always have to be on the defensive?
又错在哪里呢
Don't. But you allowed exactly
别出声,但是你允许
this kind of nudity and profanity on network TV, Commissioner.
这种裸露和不当言语出现在电视网上,委员
I did not. Schindler's List
我没有,辛德勒名单
had full frontal nudity
有正面全裸的画面
and was shown, without FCC objection,
而联邦通信委员会却没有反对
at 9:00 p.M.
其在九点档播放
Do you really want to suggest Ms. Dodd's little striptease
你真想把多德女士的小小脱衣舞
had the same merit as Schindler's List?
跟辛德勒名单相提并论吗
If you were a woman with breast cancer, it does.
对于乳腺癌患者来说,同样意义重大
It is our argument that the Spielberg exception is unfair restraint.
我们认为给斯皮尔伯格的特例属于不合理限制
You can't make an allowance for one filmmaker and not another.
你不能对影视人员予以区别对待
They don't make it for a filmmaker,
这不是给予个人的特例
they make it for a filmmaker's work.
而是给予其作品的特例
Ms. Dodd, what are your thoughts?
多德女士,你怎么认为的
Oh. Well...
这个嘛
I don't think I'm any less decent than Spielberg.
我不觉得斯皮尔伯格比我体面多少
I mean, have you seen him eat?
你是没见过他那个吃相
Maybe it would help if you explain to
也许向比克斯委员说明一下
Commissioner Bix your reasons for your breast exam.
你进行胸部自检的理由会更好
Yeah. Well, uh, my mom died.
哦好,我妈妈死了
She was funny.
她很搞笑
And, uh, she got breast cancer.
她死于乳腺癌
I remember the day she died.
我还记得她死的那天
I think she had gas or something
她好像放屁了
because she just let out the most massive...
因为,她放了一个史上最震耳欲聋的
...passing of gas.
大响屁
And, uh, she kept cracking jokes about it.
而且她还一直拿这事开玩笑
Uh, and I just thought, wow.
我当时很惊讶
You know, I couldn't believe it.
简直不敢相信
So close to death and still making jokes.
死到临头还在开玩笑
I just can't do it.
我就是做不到
I know what you want-- me holding her hand
我知道你想让我握着她的手
and staring into her deep, sad eyes--
深深地望进她忧伤深邃的眼眸
but... anything else.
但,我真不行
I'll kitsch up anything you want, but just not this.
你要什么段子我都能编,但就这个不行
Then get ready to pay $2 million.
那就准备赔偿200万美元吧
No. Gill is still with us, so I think we're tied.
不,吉尔仍支持我们,现在是平局
We're not sure about Bix.
比克斯我们拿不准
It all comes down to tomorrow-Commissioner Martinez.
一切只看明天,马丁内斯委员
Okay, good. Keep us in touch.
好的,保持联系
Oh, and one other thing.
对了,还有一件事
This might not be anything, but...
可能没什么意义,但...
Burl's been asking about our firm.
伯尔一直问我律所的情况
He... What do you mean?
他...什么意思
He asked about Chapter 11, how it's going.
他问我申请破产保护进行得如何
What did you say?
你怎么说
I said we were doing well.
我说进行得不错
That we had our major clients.
还说我们大客户都没流失
Was that the wrong thing to say?
是不是说错什么了
I don't know. Was there anything else?
不一定,还说什么了
He asked about family law, how it was doing.
他还问家庭法律部情况怎么样
Uh, one second, Alicia.
稍等一下,艾丽西娅
He's after us.
他瞄准我们了
That's what the meeting with Clarke was yesterday.
他昨天跟克拉克谈的应该就是这个
Alicia, if you get a chance,
艾丽西娅,有机会的话
tell him we lost our top client, Edelstein.
跟他说我们失去了首要客户,艾德斯坦
You want me to emphasize we're not doing well?
你想让我强调说我们情况不景气吗
Yes, please.
对,就这么做
Um, we'll call again.
稍后打给你
Our trustee is looking for a buyer.
咱们的监管人在找买家了
Preston is mostly about divorce.
普莱斯顿主要接离婚案件
That's why family law. What do we do?
所以才问起家庭法律部,我们怎么做
We could fight in court. The judge will side with Clarke.
可以在庭上争,法官一定会向着克拉克
We need $60 million to get out from under him.
要想摆脱他的掌控需要6000万美元
We're at $12 million.
而我们只有1200万美元
No, she was great.
不,她表现很好
Just out of the military, right?
刚从军队出来,是吧
Right. I just wanted to offer a reference,
对,我只是就她的能力
tell you how great she is.
给予个人推荐
Yeah, she seemed great.
是啊,她看着确实不错
So, are you looking for litigators with trial experience?
所以你要招有出庭经验的诉讼律师吗
Well, actually, between us, we're not looking for anyone.
其实吧,说实话,我们没想招人
You're not?
没想招人
Sh-She seemed to think there was a job there.
她好像以为有工作机会
Well, we like to keep our hand in.
其实我们只是了解下情况
Meet and interview, see who's out there.
做几个面试,看看人才市场
Same as you guys.
跟你们一样
So, are you going to tell her there's no job?
那你要告诉她这件事吗
What do you mean?
什么意思
Well, she thinks it's between her and someone else.
她还以为自己会有二分之一的机会
Oh. Could you hold for a moment, please?
有个电话,麻烦你稍微等一下,好吗
Hello.
你好
Hello. Is Cary there?
你好,凯里在吗
Cary...? Oh. No. Mr. Agos?
凯里,不在,你是艾格斯先生吗
Uh, this is Alicia Florrick.
我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克
I'm in 206.
我在206房
He's next door in 207.
他的房间是隔壁207
Ah. Well, my apologies.
抱歉,我打错了
Thank you.
谢谢
Mr. Kolakowski? I'm...
科拉科夫斯基先生,我
Hello?
您还在吗
Hello...
No, I just... I hadn't seen him in years. He's...
不,只是我几年没见他了,他...
We're not very close.
我们不是特别亲近
He's a lobbist?
他是位说客
Yeah. Yeah, so is my mom.
对,我母亲也是
My new mom.
我继母
You should have breakfast with him.
你应该跟他去吃早餐
Why?
为什么
Because he asked you.
因为他邀请你了
I said we were busy. Maybe another time.
我说我们很忙,下次吧
Cary, we're not busy.
凯里,我们不忙
He's... probably trying to make amends.
他可能想跟你改善下关系
Call him back.
回个电话吧
Why?
为什么
Because you only get so much family in life.
因为人一辈子家人是唯一的
This seems to matter more to me than it does to you.
怎么这事我比你还在意啊
Wait, no...
等等,说错
more to you... No, I just...
你比我还在意,不,我只是
It was nice to see you with family.
希望看到你跟家人一起
My dad kicked me out the door when I was 18.
我18岁的时候我爸就把我赶出家门了
'Cause his dad kicked him out the door when he was 18.
因为他18岁的时候也被他爸赶出了家门
He never gave me a cent.
从此一分钱都没给过我
Never wanted to know what I was doing.
从不关心我在做什么
When I got the deputyship at the state's attorney's office,
我当上州检办副检察官时
he never said a thing.
他一个字都没说
That's probably why he's calling now.
因此他现在才给你打电话
To try to make up for it.
想要弥补
People change on you.
人们看待你的方式是会变的
You changed on me.
是你看待我的方式变了
Me?
我?
No. Oh, you don't notice it?
没有,你没注意到吗
You're tougher now.
你现在更强大了
You're smarter about things.
对事情的感知也更聪敏了
Is that good or bad?
这是好事还是坏事
Probably neither-- just necessary.
或许都不是,只是必须
And you.
还有你
You're nothing like four years ago.
你跟四年前也截然不同了
I thought you were a jerk.
那时我觉得你是个混蛋
Damn it.
该死
I forgot.
都忘了
I think she's on Bill Maher tonight.
她今晚应该上比尔·马赫秀的
Who? Therese.
谁,特蕾泽
You two seemed to be hitting it off.
看起来你俩很合得来嘛
All that... breast humor, I guess.
所有这些,拿乳房开的玩笑
Well, that sounds like pure pleasure.
听起来是完全跟玩似的
Yep. Going from office to office,
对,从这个办公室到那个办公室
arguing with the FCC.
向联邦通信委员会力争
I personally stripped for each and every one of them.
我在他们每个人面前都脱光光了
And how did that go over?
过程是怎么样的
Well, Commissioner Gill took pictures,
吉尔委员拍了照
but he said it was for educational purposes.
但他说是用于教育
No. No, don't. And Commissioner Bix...
不,不,别,比克斯委员
Oh, I don't know.
我也不知道
She slipped me her number, but,
她塞给我她的电话,但是
you know, that can mean anything.
那可能有各种涵义
And did you settle anything?
你们达成什么协议了吗
Yes, we did.
是的
No more censorship.
不许再有审查制度
Anywhere. Ever.
不限地点,时间
These breasts can do anything when they set their minds to it.
这胸脯想干什么就能干什么
I read about your old boss.
我读过你前任老板的介绍
Florrick.
福瑞克
He's got a tricky race going on up there.
他的竞选之路荆棘重重啊
You like him? I do. He's a good guy.
你喜欢他吗,喜欢,他是个好人
Not easy being a good guy in that town.
在这城里想做个好人可不容易
Your mother sent me something you wrote.
你母亲寄给我些你写的东西
About... plea bargains.
关于,辩诉交易
Negotiation techniques.
谈判技巧
With a human face.
要注重人情味
Right. It was smart.
对,很有才华
I didn't understand all of it,
我没有完全看懂
but what I understood was...
但我能看到
smart.
你的才华
Thank you.
谢谢
Cary.
凯里
How are you doing?
你还好吗
I'm good.
挺好
You?
你呢
I'm good, I guess.
我想我也挺好
I don't know how long any of us have,
我不知道我们还有多长时间
but I'm good.
但我很好
What do you mean?
你什么意思
Nothing. I just...
没什么意思,只是
I want to say something before it's too late.
趁一切太迟之前我想告诉你一些事情
I'm proud of you.
我以你为傲
And I'm sorry.
还有,对不起
I'm sorry that...
对不起
we haven't been in touch.
我们都没有联系
What do you mean, "too late"?
你说"太迟"是什么意思
Nothing. I'm just talking. I...
没什么意思,我只是说说,我
I think that we should...
我觉得我们应该
talk at some point.
时不时聊聊
Dad, what is going on?
老爸,怎么回事
I'm so sorry to interrupt, Cary. Mr. Agos.
真抱歉打断你们,凯里,艾格斯先生
What's wrong? Uh, we have a problem.
什么事,我们有麻烦了
Commissioner Martinez canceled.
马丁内斯委员取消了会面
He canceled?
他取消了?
Till when?
改到什么时候
No time.
没有安排
Damn it.
我靠
Will and Diane would like us to come back.
威尔和戴安希望我们回去
It's the Bill Maher thing.
是因为她在比尔·马赫秀说的话
That's what we're thinking.
我们也是这么想的
So sorry, Mr. Agos.
抱歉,艾格斯先生
Well, you should, uh, go and...
你走吧
we'll talk soon.
我们再谈
Dad, call me.
老爸,打给我
Don't worry. I will.
别担心,我会的
So Maddie Hayward is not the campaign innocent she pretends to be.
玛蒂·海沃德的参选是早有预谋
We spoke to the neighborhood watch,
我们跟邻里联防队谈过了
and they said they've seen Indira Starr's car there
他们说看到尹迪拉·斯塔的车
for the last month.
上个月经常停在那
Before she went to Synth Magazine?
在她去合成杂志社之前吗
So Maddie's been playing us?
所以玛蒂一直在耍我们吗
That would make sense.
这就说得通了
Okay. Things have just gotten ugly.
很好,那就别怪我不顾颜面了
Jim, get me everything you can on Maddie. Kalinda...
吉姆,尽全力搜罗玛蒂所有资料,凯琳达
No, thanks. Wait, where you going?
不用,谢谢,等等,你要去哪
I have a job, Eli. Look, you knew this was temporary.
我有工作,伊莱,你知道这是暂时的
What are you doing?
你这是在干什么
This is for Alicia
这是为了艾丽西娅
as much as for Peter.
也是为了彼得
Nice try, but no.
说得好,但我不干
Yes?
什么事
You're selling us to Preston.
你要把我们卖给普雷斯顿
I'm...
我是
considering your options.
在衡量你们的选择
Your options.
是你的选择
We don't have any options.
我们根本没有选择
You had six years of options.
你们这六年来错过无数机会
So y-you're punishing us?
那你这是在惩罚我们吗
I'm trying to keep you from liquidation.
我是在帮你免于破产清算
By destroying us?
所以要毁了我们吗
By selling us off in pieces?
所以要把我们打散卖了吗
No. By doing what I do:
不,我所做的是
by looking where the money is and where it isn't.
哪里有钱去哪里
This is not a subtle business, Ms. Lockhart.
这不是拿来耍心眼的事,洛克哈特女士
There is either money in the wallet or there isn't.
兜里有钱没钱是个现实的问题
And when there isn't, wishing there is won't make it so.
没钱的时候,光说不练没有用
How was D.C.?
华盛顿之行怎么样
Good.
很好
Actually...
其实
it wasn't good.
并不好
Oh, sorry.
真遗憾
It's okay. It's just work.
没事,工作而已
How was interviewing?
面试进行得怎么样了
Fine. Hey, thanks for calling Armstrong & Hayes.
还好,谢谢你向阿姆斯特朗律所打招呼
How did that go?
情况如何
I don't think there's a job there.
我不认为那里会有工作
What did they say?
他们说什么了
There's no job there.
他们不招人
But they said there was.
但他们说了要招啊
Yes, they lied.
没错,他们说了谎
Why would they do that?
他们为什么要这么做
Because you're pretty,
因为你长得好看
and they didn't want to say no to you.
他们不想当面拒绝你
Okay.
好吧
People aren't mean-- they're just polite liars.
他们并无恶意,只是礼貌地说了谎
You went back on the job market after how many years away?
你间隔了几年回来找工作的
13, but I'm not a fair comparison.
13年,但我不是一个好的比较对象
The job market's a lot harder now.
现在求职市场的竞争激烈多了
How many interviews did you have before you got this?
你找到现在的工作之前经历了几个面试
Five. But I knew someone. Here.
五个,但我是因为在这认识人
Do you know anyone, Laura?
你有认识的人吗,劳拉
Anyone who could help you?
任何能帮到你的人
Any connections?
任何关系
Probably? I don't know, but...
或许有,我也不清楚,但是...
It's just the way it is. People...
世事就是如此,人...
hire people they know.
总是雇用他们所认识的人
It's not wrong.
这也说得过去
It just is.
事情就是如此
So you need my help?
就是说你们需要我帮忙
We do. It's in your interest, David.
是的,也是为你着想,大卫
You hate Burl Preston as much as we do.
你和我们一样讨厌伯尔·普雷斯顿
He's not so bad. David.
他也没那么坏,大卫
Burl Preston is trying to buy this firm
伯尔·普雷斯顿正在收购我们律所
in order to control you.
你就得受他控制了
Do you want to be controlled?
你想被控制吗
No. But I don't want to be controlled by you either.
不,但我也不想受你们控制
And if we promised you wouldn't be?
如果我们保证不干涉你呢
Well, I'd be open to discussing.
那还有商量的余地
As long as my capital contribution was part of it.
只要我的认购资本不缩水
Cary?
凯里
Hi. I thought you were heading back.
我以为你回去了
Uh... I-I was. I-I am.
我,我是,我到了
I'm in Chicago.
到芝加哥了
Dad...
爸...
what were you trying to say at breakfast?
早餐时你想说什么
Dad.
Whatever it is, I can handle it.
无论是什么,我都挺得住
Look, it's very... hard to talk about it, son.
听着,这很...很难说出口,儿子
Your mother thinks that I should wait.
你妈认为我应该再等等
Dad, I am here.
爸,我就在这
And I'm listening.
等着你说出来
All right.
好吧
Do you know...
你知道...
Senator Byers of Illinois?
伊利诺斯州的贝尔斯参议员吗
Yeah.
知道
I have a chance to work as her press secretary,
我有个做她新闻秘书的机会
but I need someone to put in a good word with her.
但我需要有人在她面前帮我说些好话
Now, I know that her best friend is
现在,我知道她最好的朋友
Diane Lockhart at your firm,
是你律所的戴安·洛克哈特
and I was hoping that you might ask her
我希望你可以请求她
to put in that... good word.
帮我说些...好话
That's what you wanted to talk about?
这就是你想说的吗
Yes.
是的
And that's it?
没别的了吗
Yes, but... it's a lot, son.
是的,但...这不是小事,儿子
I know.
我也知道
And it would be very helpful because...
这会很有帮助因为...
Senator Byers depends a lot on personal recommendations.
贝尔斯参议员很看重私人推荐
And I could talk to Martinez for you, if...
我也可以帮你向马丁内斯说好话,如果
that would be helpful.
能帮到你的话
Dad, I got to go. They need me.
爸,我得挂了,有人找我
So, you'll... do it?
那,你会...帮我吗
You'll... ask Diane Lockhart?
你会...跟戴安·洛克哈特说吗
I don't know. Let me... let me think about it.
我不知道,让我...让我想一想
Son, it would be very helpful.
儿子,这会对我很有帮助
Well, I said I'd think about it.
我说了我会考虑的
Come again?
再说一遍
They are saying that I have a mark...
他们说我有个胎记...
on my penis shaped like Brazil.
在我的阴茎上,形状像巴西地图
I...
我...
Yeah.
不错
What does he want me to say?
他想让我怎么说
Well, that's a difficult one.
这倒真是很难说
"No" would be the obvious answer.
明显就是说"没有"啊
Right. But...
不错,但是...
maybe mixed with some outrage.
或许带上点愤怒情绪
Yeah, I don't do outrage well these days.
我最近对愤怒不是很拿手
How about laughter?
那大笑呢
Well... that would be easier.
那...那倒是简单得多
Good. Thank you.
好,谢谢你
That's okay.
别客气
Did you fill Cary's position at the state's attorney's office?
州检办凯里的职位你找人补上了吗
No, not yet.
没有,还没
Why?
干什么
Are you going to?
你还准备找吗
Well, someday when I have time.
等我有时间的时候
There's someone...
有个人...
I think you should consider.
我认为你可以考虑
An ex-military lawyer.
她以前是军事律师
A captain. You'd like her.
是个上尉,你会喜欢她的
Really?
真的
Yeah.
是啊
Do you mind considering her?
你介意考虑一下她吗
I don't.
不介意
Do you mind talking to the press?
你介意跟媒体说话吗
Nope.
不介意
Good.
很好
It's a deal.
那就这样
Thanks.
谢谢
You, too.
也谢谢你
Bye.
再见
Well, you two are cheerful.
你俩看来心情不错嘛
We've been frozen out.
我们被排挤了
The last FCC commissioner
最后那位联邦通信委员会的委员
doesn't want to hear us. It's worse.
不愿意听我们道歉,比这更糟
I made a few calls, and Commissioner Martinez
我打了几个电话,马丁内斯委员
is still meeting with Parents Against Indecency.
仍然会和"家长抵制下流"组织见面
Great. He doesn't want to meet with you guys,
好极了,他不想和你们见面
but he's still meeting the opposition tomorrow at 6:00.
但明天六点他仍然会和对方见面
One thing we could try...
还有个办法可以试试
Yes?
什么
We go.
我们过去
Go where?
去哪
Martinez at 6:00.
六点到马丁内斯那
We were disinvited.
我们的会面被取消了
We never got the message.
我们不知道被取消了
We know he wanted to hear
我们只知道他愿意听我们和
from both Parents Against Indecency and us,
"家长抵制下流"组织双方的说辞
and we never got the disinvite.
我们不知道会面被取消了
You crash it.
硬闯
No, this is the new me.
不,这是全新的我
Smell my perfume; it's called Accommodation.
闻我的香水,叫做调整
Oh, it's nice.
不错
Thanks.
谢谢
I'll catch up with you.
你们先去
So you're not going to call?
你不打算打这个电话是吧
You're going to ignore your own father?
你要拒绝自己的父亲吗
Yep.
是的
I only need one call to Diane Lockhart.
我只需要你给戴安·洛克哈特打一个电话
And I only needed one call on my birthday,
我只需要你在我生日时打一个电话
one call when I was out of work.
在我丢了工作时打一个电话
Did you know I was the youngest deputy state's attorney ever?
你知道我是史上最年轻的州副检察官吗
Did you know that? We don't do that, Cary.
你知道吗,我们之间不那样,凯里
Other families gush.
别人家那是煽情
You know how I pay a compliment to you now?
你知道我现在为什么称赞你吗
By needing something from you.
表示我需要你的帮助
Dad.
No... no.
不,不
A few years ago I'd jump at the chance to impress you,
几年前我会抓住一切机会让你称赞我
but it's over.
但现在不会了
I won't be calling you again.
我不会再给你打电话了
My loss.
我的损失
I'm so sorry, I didn't get the message. Cary?
太对不起了,我没收到信息,凯里呢
My gosh, no, I didn't either.
天啊,我也没有
Y-You were canceling?
您取消这次会面了吗
Yes, just a scheduling logjam.
是,行程表有些冲突
Well, now that we're all here...
既然我们都到了
...it seems only fair.
那不如...
All I wanted to do
我想做的
was to make women aware of breast cancer.
不过是希望女性关注乳腺癌
And disrobing was making them aware?
脱光衣服能让她们关注吗
Would I do it that way again? No,
我还会这么做吗,不会
but women needed to see something memorable,
但女性们应该看些印象深刻的东西
something to provoke them.
能刺激她们的东西
I'm impressed, Ms. Dodd.
我很感动,多德女士
Thank you, Commissioner.
谢谢,委员先生
But what I have trouble reconciling
但我很难把这位
is this new Therese with the Therese
新特蕾泽和讲这个笑话的特蕾泽
that told this joke:
当成一个人
"Rape is never funny.
强奸毫不可笑
Unless you're raped by a clown."
除非你被小丑强奸了
How is this funny, Ms. Dodd?
这怎么好笑了,多德女士
Sir, that wasn't part of the original act. I understand that,
这不是在这次事件中发生的,我明白
but I find myself confused by Ms. Dodd's sense of humor.
我只是觉得自己很难理解多德女士的幽默
Do you know that every 45 seconds,
你知道每45秒
there is another sexual assault in America?
就有一起性侵案在美国发生吗
So I'm not sure how rape is funny.
所以我不太理解强奸怎么会好笑
The joke isn't about rape, sir.
这不是关于强奸的笑话,先生
It's about a ridiculous juxtaposition.
只是一种滑稽的并列
But it makes light of rape, doesn't it?
但它表示出了对强奸的不在乎,不是吗
Shall I read it again?
用我再读一遍吗
I think, sir, you're trying to make a point
我认为,您在设法
by putting Ms. Dodd on the spot.
让多德女士承担责任
Sir, we didn't come... You're right.
我们不是来,您说得对
It's not funny, Commissioner.
这不可笑,委员先生
Therese. What?
特蕾泽,怎么了
He's right.
他说得对
Rape is never funny,
强奸毫不可笑
and the association of clowns and rape is just offensive,
把小丑和强奸摆在一起非常无礼
and I feel terrible that I wrote it.
我很抱歉写了这样的内容
Thank you, ma'am,
谢谢
but then I find myself asking,
但我还是想问
why do you tell these jokes?
那你为什么还要讲这些笑话
Because I have a potty mouth.
因为我嘴欠
Are you making fun of me, Ms. Dodd? No.
你在跟我开玩笑吗,多德女士,不是
Never...
我绝不会
Because that's why we have standards--
这就是为什么我们制定标准
to protect the viewers from indecency like this.
不让观众看到这类污言秽语
Well, if the question is about protecting viewers,
如果问题的关键是保护观众
they voted with their remotes.
他们可以用遥控器做出选择
There are more viewers watching the show than ever.
现在该节目的观众前所未有的多
Okay, so I must ask you, Ms. Dodd,
好,那我必须问你,多德女士
will you sign a pledge that you will never do
你愿意签署一份协议保证你永不会
anything like this on TV again?
再在电视上做出此类举动吗
Ms. Dodd?
多德女士
I think that's a yes.
我想她同意了
I was in the JAG Corps for 12 years
我在军法署干了12年
and before that, I attended SLS.
在这之前我上的SLS
SlS
Sls?
S-Stanford Law.
斯坦福法学院
Oh, I thought that was military jargon.
我还以为是军队术语
No.
不是
I grew up in California-Huntington Beach.
我在加州长大,杭廷顿海滩
Was your dad in the military?
你父亲是军队的吗
No, a professor of neurobiology at Irvine.
不是,他是欧文市的神经生物学教授
Brothers?
有兄弟吗
No, two sisters, though.
没有,但有两个姐姐
Why did you enlist, then?
那你为什么参军
I don't know. They needed lawyers.
我不知道,他们需要律师
Well, we're not really short-staffed at the moment,
我们现在并不缺人手
but we're always looking,
但我们总会留意人才
so we'll keep this resume on file.
我会把你的简历留下来
Have you tried the public defenders' office?
你去过公设辩护人办公室吗
They're always in need of...
他们总是需要...
Mr. Florrick, hello.
福瑞克先生,您好
Hi, Geneva.
你好,吉妮瓦
And you must be captain Hellinger.
你一定是海灵格上尉
Oh, yes, sir.
是的
Wonderful to meet you.
很高兴见到你
You're looking for a job, huh?
你在找工作吗
I am, sir.
是的,先生
And you know how little we pay?
你知道我们给的很少吗
I've heard rumors.
有所耳闻
You could live on that?
你能接受吗
I tend to be frugal.
我很节俭的
Well, that's good.
很好
When can you begin?
你什么时候可以开始
Now, I mean, if you want.
现在就行,如果您需要的话
That's great.
太好了
Here's your first case:
这是你的第一个案件
breaking and entering.
非法侵入他人住宅
Geneva will set you up with a cubicle. Welcome aboard.
吉妮瓦会替你准备办公间,欢迎你加入
Thank you so much.
非常感谢
Um, thank you for your help.
谢谢你帮忙
Your Honor, there is still the question of damages.
法官阁下,是否造成损失仍待商榷
No, there is the question of
不,这里的问题是
whether your negotiations have borne fruit.
你们的协商是否奏效
We made an effort to reach such a settlement, Your Honor,
我们努力达成一致,法官阁下
but the results depend on something yet to be decided.
但结果取决于一些尚未确定的因素
Mr. Preston is being coy.
普莱斯顿先生太含蓄了
We agreed to argue in front of the FCC on the network's behalf,
我们同意代表广播台向联邦通信委员会争取
and if the FCC decided favorably,
如果联邦通信委员会决定不罚他们的款
this lawsuit would go away.
便撤销这起诉讼
I see. And the FCC hasn't decided?
我明白了,联邦通信委员会尚未作出决定吗
Not yet, but we believe this suit should be dismissed
尚未,但我们相信这起诉讼
on the basis of an absence of damages.
也应因不存在损失而予以驳回
Damages have already been established, Your Honor--
损失已经造成了,法官阁下
the many affiliates dropping our show.
许多联播电台都撤下了我们的节目
Yes, but Mr. Preston recently argued in front of the FCC
对,但普莱斯顿先生在联邦通信委员会面前
that there has been a corresponding rise in viewership--
曾主张近来收视率有相应上升
a rise large enough to more than offset the affiliate loss.
足以弥补节目被撤的损失
That was an argument in another venue.
那些话是在另外一个场合说的
Your Honor,
法官阁下
this suit is an attempt to punish Therese, that's all.
这起诉讼的目的是惩罚特蕾泽
There are no actual damages here,
其中并没有实质性损失
and this suit should be dismissed.
这起诉讼应该被驳回
Would you care for some water? No.
你想喝点水吗,不用了
My firm will absorb the debt of Lockhart/Gardner
我的公司会承担洛&加律所的债务
and pay out existing capital contributions
清偿现有权益合伙人的
of existing equity partners,
现有认购资本
but all severance packages will be the responsibility
但所有离职金将由
of the existing partners.
现有合伙人承担
Yes, and you agree to honor the contracts of existing partners.
好,而你也同意继续履行现有合伙人的合同
Only up to a year of the purchase date.
最多到收购期后一年
That's fine.
很好
The, the current lease will be subject to...
目前的租期将会到...
Hello, Burl.
你好,伯尔
David... what can we do for you?
大卫,我们能帮你什么忙吗
Oh, I'm just watching.
我就是旁观
Continue.
继续
Mr. Lee, this is a private matter.
李先生,这是私事
It's far from private.
很难说得上私事吧
I'm just waiting for my emancipation.
我等着拿我的退伙金
Go ahead.
继续
Your emancipation?
你的退伙金
Yes. This firm has a stranglehold on me,
是啊,这就是律所对我的束缚
but as soon as you purchase it, I'm free.
不过只要你买下它,我就自由了
Hallelujah. You're not free.
哈里路亚,你没有自由
You're committed to Lockhart/Gardner.
你还受雇于洛克哈特&加德纳
No, the partners just rewrote my contract.
不,合伙人刚改写了我的合同
If this firm is sold
如果公司被出售
or absorbed, I am free to leave.
或被吞并,我绝对有自由离开
They can't do that.
他们不能这么做
Yes, they can.
他们可以
You can veto their hiring decisions.
你可以否决他们的雇员决定
You can't veto a nonfinancial side agreement
但不能否决合伙合同中
in a partnership contract.
无关财务的附件
The firm is still in fine shape.
这不影响律所的运营状况
No, thank you.
不,谢谢你
Good luck with this place.
祝这律所好运
Unfortunately
很不幸
they enjoy intrigue more than they do making money.
比起赚钱这儿的人更喜欢玩弄计谋
You told your husband to hire me?
你让你丈夫雇我吗
No. He hired me.
没有,他雇了我
Congratulations.
恭喜你
You didn't say anything to him?
你什么都没跟他说吗
Well, I said you were a good lawyer.
我提过你是名优秀的律师
Okay.
好吧
This is all new to me.
这对我来说很新鲜
What, friends didn't help friends in the military?
在军队中朋友们不互相帮助吗
They did, but never me.
帮,但没人帮过我
Well, baptism by fire.
浴火重生
Yes?
什么事
You're cutting your own throats!
你们在自寻死路
Do you know how hard it is to find a suitor like that?!
知道要找到如此合适的买家有多难吗
Yes, that's why we did it.
知道,所以我们才出此下策
You're losing this firm.
你们要失去这家律所了
Is that a threat?
这是威胁吗
Take it any way you want, but you are losing this firm.
信不信由你,但你们保不住这家律所了
Mr. Hayden, you should take a step back.
海登先生,你该退一步
You've obviously become too invested in our firm.
你显然太投入我们律所的经营了
You don't know me.
你不了解我
I don't step back.
我不会后退的
We don't either.
我们也不会
Then get ready to crash.
那就等着破产吧
So, I just heard the FCC isn't going to fine the network.
刚知道联邦通信委员会不罚广播台钱了
Yeah, yeah, you're off the hook.
是啊,你没事了
Good.
很好
I have to head out to L.A., so I wanted to say thank you.
我得出发去洛杉矶了,所以想来道个谢
Have a good trip.
一路顺风
I will.
会的
I'm not great with byes, so bye.
我不擅长告别,所以,再见啦
What'd she say?
她说了什么
Good-bye.
再见
That's it?
就这样
Yeah.
没错
She didn't say anything else?
她没说点别的
No, why?
没有,怎么了
Well, why did she kiss you yesterday?
她昨天为什么吻你
She's a comedian.
她是个喜剧演员
I've spent the last week
我上周和我的律师在一起
with my lawyer, trying desperately not to say anything
使出吃奶力气才没说任何有关
about Brazil and penises.
巴西和阴茎的话
I suppose there are worse birthmarks to have.
我猜或许还有更糟糕的胎记吧
Like Greece.
比如希腊形状的
I mean, who wants a penis that's always in recession?
我是说,谁想要萎到不行的阴茎呢
My lawyer says, it really only looks like Brazil
我的律师说,只有勃起的时候
when it's erect.
才像巴西
Otherwise it's more like New Jersey.
否则倒更像是新泽西州

重点单词   查看全部解释    
respond [ris'pɔnd]

想一想再看

v. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应
n.

联想记忆
uniform ['ju:nifɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 制服
adj. 一致的,统一的

联想记忆
pledge [pledʒ]

想一想再看

n. 保证,誓言,抵押,抵押品
vt. 保证,

联想记忆
original [ə'ridʒənl]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的

联想记忆
gush [gʌʃ]

想一想再看

v. 迸出,滔滔不绝地说 n. 涌出

联想记忆
objection [əb'dʒekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反对,异议

联想记忆
lawsuit ['lɔ:sju:t]

想一想再看

n. 诉讼,控诉

 
punch [pʌntʃ]

想一想再看

n. 打洞器,钻孔机,殴打
n. (酒、水、糖

联想记忆
ridiculous [ri'dikjuləs]

想一想再看

adj. 荒谬的,可笑的

联想记忆
problematic [.prɔbli'mætik]

想一想再看

adj. 问题的,有疑问的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。