Are they fighting or falling back in love?
他们是在吵架还是重新坠入爱河?
c-cow!
牛!
Cow? Cow? ! The woman who is abandoning her country cannot remember the Spanish word for cow.
牛?牛?!要抛弃自己国家的女人连"牛"都不知道用西班牙语怎么说了。
It slipped my mind.
脑子刚没转过来。
Vaca. There'a taco truck parked outside my office.
牛。我办公室外面有个墨西哥玉米卷餐车。
Well, it looks like you both have the same gym grade, but I do see here that neither of you have completed this semester's mile run.
看来你俩的体育成绩一样,但我发现你们俩都没完成这学期的一英里跑。
We were at a debate tournament.
我们当时在进行辩论比赛。
Which we won, thanks to me. - Oh, please. After your long-winded summation on euthanasia, people wanted to kill themselves.
我们赢了,多亏了我。-得了吧。你对安乐死进行冗长总结时人们都想自杀了。
Enough. We will do a makeup race.
够了,我们让你们补考。
And whoever wins gets to be valedictorian.
谁赢了就可以做学生代表。
You're on.
放马过来吧。
This is crazy. Are we all so obsessed with being number one that we can't just celebrate this moment?
这太疯狂了,你们如此执念于做第一名,搞得我们现在都不能庆祝了。
Yeah, I mean, it's the end of their senior year. They're both into great colleges.
是啊,他们不仅高四毕业。都还进了很棒的大学。
They should be off celebrating, playing hookey, going up to the lake house to go skinny-dipping with their friend's older brother who's home from college.
他们该去庆祝,逃学去湖边跟他们朋友,那个刚从大学回来的兄弟去裸泳。
Let's -- let's keep this general, Claire. - Okay. Yeah.
别说得太具体了,克莱尔。-好吧。
The point is these are two amazing kids. We should be celebrating them both.
重点是这两个孩子都很棒。我们该为他俩庆祝。
Mm, we're not surprised you would think that.
你这么想我们不感到意外。
Great. Wait. What?
真棒。等等,什么?
Every parent wants to believe that their child can compete with Sanjay.
每个家长都想相信他们的孩子能和桑杰一较高下。
But Alex can compete with Sanjay. That's why we're here.
艾丽克斯的确能和桑杰一较高下。不然我们来这里干什么。
Sanjay was forming full sentences at 13 months.
桑杰13个月时就会说完整的句子了。
Alex had a poem published in highlights magazine when she was 5 years old.
艾丽克斯5岁时就在《聚焦》杂志上发表了诗歌。
It was called "Mr. Lamb Buys a Ham." But really, it was about the holocaust.
那首诗的名字是《绵羊先生买火腿》 但其实讲的是大屠杀。
When he was 16, Sanjay was the highest-ranked chess player in the state.
桑杰16岁时,是州里排名第一的国际象棋手。
When Alex was 15, he discovered a mistake in our taxes. We owed a lot more money than I realized.
艾丽克斯15岁时发现了我们报税的一个错误。我们差点少交了好多税。
Yes, we're very impressed with how much Alex has been able to accomplish, given her background.
就艾丽克斯这种背景而言,她能有这种成就我们也感到很惊讶。