Allow me to explain.
让我来解释一下
Your husband is only alive
你丈夫之所以能活着
because a machine is breathing for him.
全靠那台机器维持他的呼吸
If that machine should fail,
机器一旦发生故障
in under two minutes, your husband would be dead.
两分钟之内 你的丈夫就会死掉
Forgive me if I speak plainly.
原谅我的直白
Do I make myself clear?
我说得够清楚了吗
I'll be sad to go, of course, after all these years.
我也很舍不得这里 毕竟生活了这么多年
But since Muriel died, I can't seem to get on top of things.
但穆里尔去世后 我真的没法留在这里了
Things can run away from you, you know.
物是人非了 你懂的
Yes.
我懂
It's a lot of work. Is the roof sound?
这里需要好好翻修一下 屋顶还好吗
Some of it.
一部分还行
Why are so many of the windows bricked up?
为什么很多窗户都封起来了
Ah. Oh, yes, those are my rooms.
噢 对 那些都是我的房间
Muriel said it saved such a lot on the heating bills.
穆里尔说这样可以节省暖气费
Did she?
是吗
Well, it's a lot of work, but it might do.
这里需要好好翻修 但也还说得过去
The thing is, I haven't got £12000,
问题是 我没有一万两千英镑
or anywhere near that, really.
远远不够
I'd take 11, or even 10.
我可以降到一万一 或者一万
All I can manage is seven.
我只付得起七千
Seven? Cash.
七千吗 现金
And then you'd be rid of the place forever.
然后你就可以彻底摆脱这里了
And Muriel.
还有穆里尔
Yes. Really?
行 真的吗
Yes. Yes.
真的