mature
a.成熟的 vi.成熟
The girl is physically mature enough to have a child,but mentally she isn't.
就生理而言,这女孩子已经成熟可以生小孩了,但心智上却不足。
Girls mature earlier than boys.
女孩子比男孩子早熟。
ripe
a. (农作物、时机)成熟的
You can't eat those oranges until they are ripe.
那些柳橙熟了才能吃。
The time is ripe for investing in this company.
现在正是投资这家公司的成熟时机。
rent
vt.租借,出租 n.租金
I rent an apartment from Mr. Wang at $6,000 a month.
我向王先生租了一间公寓,每月6000元。
That rich landlord has five apartments for rent.=That rich landlord has five apartments to let.
那个有钱的房东有5栋公寓出租。
Mr. Brown makes ends meet by renting rooms (out) to students.
布朗先生把房间租给学生,以维持收支平衡。
How much is your monthly rent for your apartment?
你的公寓月租是多少钱?
boot
n.长靴
I need to buy a new pair of boors for my hiking trip.
我需要买双新的靴子以便健行之旅用。
The employee was given the boot for being tardy too often.
这名员工因为经常迟到而被炒鱿鱼了。
complaint
n.抱怨;投诉
Stop making complaints about life and learn to appreciate what you have.=Stop complaining about life and learn to appreciate what you have.
别再抱怨人生,学习感激你现有的一切。
We've received a lot of customer complaints about our new products lately.
最近我们收到许多客户对我们新产品的不满投诉。
nanny
n.专业保姆(多住在主人家中)
We hired a nanny so that our son would get personal care.
我们聘请了一名保姆,这样我们的儿子就可以有私人的照顾。
cheek
n.脸颊(因有两片,故常用复数);厚颜
My girlfriend has rosy cheeks and blue eyes.
我的女友有红润的脸颊及一双碧蓝的眼睛。
I was surprised the new employee had the cheek to yell at the boss.
我很讶异这位新来的员工竟然有脸对老板大吼。
jaw
n.下颚
Your jaw is the lower part of your face below your mouth.
你的下颚就是指你脸部嘴巴下方的部位。
The hero's quick thinking enabled him to escape from the jaws of death.
这位英雄的机智使他能死里逃生。
mill
n.磨坊 vt.碾碎
We brought the wheat to the mill to be crushed into flour.
我们把麦子带到磨坊去让它碾碎成麦粉。
We have to mill the soybeans first to make soymilk.
做豆浆之前,要先把黄豆碾碎。
cocktail
n.鸡尾酒
We will host a cocktail party tonight in celebration of John's birthday.
我们今晚会办一个鸡尾酒会以庆祝阿强的生日。