excellent
杰出的,很棒的
The brave young man is an excellent soldier.
那位英勇的年轻人是一位杰出的战士。
Niki used to study in France, so she has an excellent command of French.
妮琪曾在法国求学,因此她的法语造诣很棒。
however
然而;无论如何
You can come with me. However, you have to pay your own way.
你可以跟我来;不过,你得全程自费。
However good-looking he is, I don't like him.= No matter how good-looking he is, I don't like him.
无论他人多帅,我都不喜欢他。
whenever
每当;无论何时
Whenever I was on stage, my hands couldn't stop shaking.
每当我在台上时,我的手就抖个不停。
I'll be home tonight. You call me whenever possible.
我今晚在家。你随时都可以打电话给我。
wherever
无论在哪里;无论何处
Wherever he hides, this dog can find him.
不论他躲在何处,这只狗都找得到他。
I want to move to Paris, Rome, or wherever.
我想搬到巴黎、罗马,或是其他任何地方。
consider
考虑;把……视为
I'm considering taking a trip to Japan.
我正考虑到日本去旅行。
We don't consider him (to be) a friend of ours.
我们不把他当作是我们的朋友。
regard
把……视为(与介词as并用);问候(恒用复数);考虑,顾及;尊敬
We all regard Roger as a hero.
我们都把罗杰视为英雄。
Give my best regards to John when you see him.= Say hello to John for me when you see him.= Remember me to John when you see him.
见到约翰时,代我向他问好。
With regard to your request for a refund, we have referred the matter to our general manager.
关于阁下请求退款一事,我们已转请总经理处理。
Doctors are held in high regard by society.
医生在社会上备受尊敬。
underwater
水中的;在水中
I bought this underwater camera at a bargain price.
我用很便宜的价格买了这台水中照相机。
Bill swims like a fish underwater. On land, however, he is very clumsy.
比尔在水中是条蛟龙,但在陆地上就笨手笨脚的。
increase
增加,增大,增强
The driver increased speed suddenly.
这位驾驶突然加速行驶。
The number of tourists has increased greatly.
游客的人数已大量增加了。
increase
增加
The world population is on the increase.
全球人口正在成长中。
increasingly
日益增加地
It is increasingly difficult to find a parking space in the downtown area.
在市区要找个停车位越来越困难了。