LESSON 89 THE FOLLY OF INTOXICATION
第八十九课 愚人的陶醉
Iago says, What, are you hurt, lieutenant? Cassio says, Ay, past all surgery.
伊阿古说“怎么了,副官,你受伤了?”凯西奥说“哎,所有治疗方法都用过了。”
Marry, heaven forbid! Reputation, reputation, reputation! Oh, I have lost my reputation!
天啊,上天保佑你不会有事!名誉,名誉,名誉!啊,我的名誉已经全都失去了!
I have lost the immortal part of myself, and what remains is bestial.
我已经失去我的生命中不朽的那部分,留下来的只是畜生一样的皮囊罢了。
My reputation! Iago, my reputation! As I am an honest man, I thought you had received some bodily wound,
我的名誉,伊阿古,我的名誉啊!我是个诚实的人,我以为你身体上受了什么伤害呢,
there is more sense in that than in reputation. Reputation is an idle and most false imposition,
那可比名誉的丧失更叫人痛苦。名誉是一件无聊透顶而又假得不能再假的东西,
oft got without merit, and lost without deserving.
得到的人常常没有德行,失去它的人也谈不上值不值得。
you have lost no reputation at all, unless you repute yourself such a loser.
你的名誉没有什么损失,除非你以为自己就是个名誉扫地的人。
What, man! there are ways to recover the general again. Sue to him again, and he's yours.
无所谓,朋友!要让主帅再对你信任的话,办法多的是。再恳求一下他,他一定转怒为喜。
I will rather sue to be despised than to deceive so good a commander with so slight,
我宁愿恳求他鄙视我,也不愿欺骗一位像他那么善良的主帅,
so drunken, and so indiscreet an officer. Drunk? and speak parrot? and squabble?
竟有像我这样轻薄酗酒而又轻率失德的手下。狂饮无度!胡言乱语!与人吵架!
swagger? swear? and discourse fustian with one's own shadow? O thou invisible spirit of wine,
漫天吹牛!赌咒发誓!跟自己的影子说些不着边际的话!啊,你被看不见的酒精灵施了魔法,