if thou hast no name to be known by, let us call thee devil!
倘若你还没有一个为世人认识的名字,我们就叫你魔鬼吧!
What was he that you followed with your sword? What had he done to you? I know not. Is't possible?
你提着剑在后面追赶的那个人是谁?他怎么你了?我不知道啊。你会不知道?
I remember a mass of things, but nothing distinctly; a quarrel, but nothing wherefore.
一大堆的事情在我脑子里,可没有一件是清晰的;好像与人争吵来着,可是不知道原因。
Oh that men should put an enemy in their mouths to steal away their brains!
啊,有人居然会把一个敌人放进自己的嘴里,竟任凭他偷走自己的头脑!
that we should, with joy, revel, pleasure, and applause, transform ourselves into beasts!
我们竟然喜不自胜,鼓着掌把自己变成了畜生!
Why, but you are now well enough: how came you thus recovered?
不过,你现在清醒得很呢;你是怎么恢复过来的?
It has pleased the devil, Drunkenness, to give place to the devil, Wrath;
酒鬼为了取悦魔鬼,就让位了;
one unperfectness shows me another, to make me frankly despise myself. Come, you are too severe a moraler.
一桩过失紧接着另一桩过失,老实讲连我也瞧不起自己了。算了吧,你也太道学了吧。
As the time, the place, and the condition of this country stands, I could heartily wish this had not befallen;
按照此时此地,以及这个国家的情形看,但愿这种事情别落在我头上;
but since it is as it is, mend it for your own good.
可是既然已经这样了,为自己的出路尽量弥补吧。
I will ask him for my place again: he shall tell me I am a drunkard!
我请他让我官复原职;他会对我说,我就是一个酒鬼而已!
Had I as many mouths as Hydra, such an answer would stop them all.
即使我像蛇怪海德拉有一百张嘴,这样一个答复也会都封住的。
To be now a sensible man, by and by a fool, and presently a beast!
即使现在脑子还很清楚,不一会儿就变成一个傻子了,马上又变成一头畜生!
Oh strange! Every inordinate cup is unblessed, and the ingredient is a devil!
啊,真奇怪!每一杯过量的酒都该诅咒,都是魔鬼的饕餮!
Come, come; good wine is a good familiar creature, if it be well used; exclaim no more against it.
算了,算了;好酒得有好人用,不要那么诅咒它了。