1. Expression:wipe one’s boots on someone
Explanation:To insult someone. (侮辱……)
Example:I'm sorry for what I said and I never meant to wipe my boots on you.
我为我所说的话道歉,我不是有意要侮辱你。
She repaid him for his wiping his boots on her by not inviting him to the party.
她以不邀请他参加晚会的方式报复他对她的侮辱。
They said Kelso got some rascally adventurer, some Belgian brute, to wipe his boots on his son-in-law in public.
他们说是Kelso指使某个下贱的冒险家,这个冒险家是一个比利时恶棍来当众侮辱他的女婿。
Your masters will have you in their power to wipe his boots on you.
你们的老板还是有权侮辱你们。
2. Expression:over shoes over boots
Explanation:Fully committed to continuing something, especially in a reckless manner. (一不做,二不休)
Example:I know you are set on these travel plans, over shoes, over boots, but I don't think it's a good idea to drive today—a lot of streets are flooded!
我知道你定了旅行计划。一不做,二不休,但我认为今天开车不是个好主意——许多街道都被水淹没了!
Over shoes, over boots. I must fight to the bitter end.
一不做,二不休,我必须拼命到底。
3. Expression:lift a finger
Explanation:To make the slightest effort to do something, especially to help someone. (尽举手之劳)
Example:I know you're watching TV, but can you perhaps lift a finger and help me bring in these grocery bags?
我知道你在看电视,但你能尽举手之劳去帮我把这些购物袋拿进来吗?
I clean every weekend, and you never lift a finger to help!
我每个周末都打扫卫生,而你却从来不尽举手之劳来帮我!
Even though he knew some of the tenants were suffering greatly, the landlord was so hard that he did not lift a finger to help them.
即使房主知道有些房客生活很困难,他还是非常冷漠,不尽一点举手之劳去帮他们一把。