Situation 2: Explaining to Mrs. Pak and Tae-gyun
情景2 向帕克夫人和泰格解释。
(Mr. Pak and Su-mi go into the living room.
帕克和苏蜜走进客厅。
Mrs. Pak and her son Tae gyun are there watching television.)
帕克夫人和她的儿子泰格正在看电视。
Um, I have something I want to tell you.
有一些事情我想告诉你们。
Okay, but why are you telling me in English?
行,为什么用英语告诉我?
Well, that is what I want to tell you
好,那就是我将要告诉你的。
Su-mi and I are going to America next week.
下个星期苏蜜和我打算去美国
That is why I am practicing my English.
那就是为什么我在练习英语。
What? You are going where?
什么? 你们去哪里?
We are going to visit America.
我们打算去美国玩。
I want Su-mi to see America and practice her English.
我想让苏蜜去看看美国同时练习一下她的英语。
And when did you decide this?
那么你们什么时候决定这个的?
I decided last week.
我上个星期决定的。
And why didn't you tell me?
那你为什么不告诉我?
Well, I wasn't sure until just now.
哦,一直到现在我才确定。
Why not?
为什么?
Mr. Pak: Because I just asked Su-mi.
因为我仅仅要苏蜜去。
And what did she say?
她说了什么?
I said yes,I really want to visit America. Please.
我一直在说,我真的想去参观美国。
I don't know.
我不知道。
It would be a very good chance for her to practice her English
对她来说是练习英语的好机会,
and to see many new things, too.
也可以看一些新鲜事。
Yeah, Mom, it would be a good chance.
是的,妈妈,这是一个很好的机会。
Please let me to.
让我去吧。
What about Tae-gyun?
泰格怎么办?
It's not fair if only Su-mi goes.
如果仅仅苏蜜去那将不公平。
Yeah What about me?
是啊,我怎么办?
I want to go too .
我也想去。
What?
什么?
Where did you learn English?
你在哪里学过英语?
You are only twelve.
你才12岁。
Dad,now we learn English even in elementary school.
爸爸现在我们在小学就学英语。
I started learning English two years ago.
两年以前我就开始学英语。
Okay, Tae-gyun,
行,泰格.
I promise to take you to America next year.
我答应明年带你去美国。
But this year,only Su-mi and I will go.
但是今年,仅仅苏蜜和我去。
Okay.
行。
And what about me?
那么我呢?
When will I go to America?
我将什么时候去美国?
I don't know, but I will buy you a present.
我不知道,但是我将给你买礼物。
That sounds good.
听起来不错。
I want a Burberry's coat.
我要一件防水大衣。
But those are very expensive.
但是那些太贵了。
If you don't buy me a coat,
如果你不给我买一件大衣,
you cannot go to America.
你就不能去美国。
Okay, you win.
行,你赢了。
I will buy you a Burberry's coat.
我将给你买一件防水大衣。