Don:If I were you, Yael, if I were a woman that is, I would reconsider that fourth drink you just ordered.
唐:如果我是你,雅艾尔,如果我是一个女人的话,是,我会重新考虑刚刚点的第4杯。
You don't want a hangover tomorrow.
你不想明天宿醉未醒醉醺醺的吧。
YAEL:I take offense to that, Don.
雅艾尔:哦,唐,我可要生气了。
Are you implying that because I'm a woman I can't handle my alcohol as well as any man can?
你是想说因为我是女人就不能像男人一样开怀畅饮吗?
That may be true for itty bitty petite women, but I'm six feet tall, taller than most men, including you, Don.
这或许是那些娇小女性的金玉良言,但我可是6英尺高,个子比包括你,唐在内的大多数人要高的多。
And I might even weigh more than you too.
而且我甚至可能体重都超过你。
I imagine that you're the one who needs to watch out for a hangover.
我觉得是你需要小心宿醉。
DON:Well, Yael, the average weight difference between women and men is one reason why women tend to get intoxicated faster, but there's more.
唐:嗯,雅艾尔,男性和女性之间的平均体重差异只是为什么女人往往更快喝醉的其中一个原因,但还有更多。
Women also tend to have more fat and less muscle than men, even tall women.
相比男性,女性往往脂肪多肌肉少,甚至高个子的女性也是这样。
This is significant because muscle tissue contains more water than fat does, and alcohol dissolves in water and thus is diluted.
这是很重要的,因为相比脂肪,肌肉组织含有更多的水,而酒精易溶于水,溶于稀释。
With about ten percent more water in their bodies than women, men can drink more alcohol than women before becoming intoxicated.
男性体内比女性多10%以上的水份,这样喝醉之前男性可以比女性喝更多酒。
In fact, studies show that women suffer worse hangovers than men too.
事实上,研究表明,女性比男性遭受更糟的宿醉。
Men tend to experience more sweating and vomiting as a result of drinking,
由于饮酒男性更易出汗和呕吐,
but overall, women suffer more, including dehydration, exhaustion, headaches, and nausea.
但总的来说,女性遭受更多,包括脱水、疲劳、头痛及恶心。
With every drink, women are reaching higher degrees of intoxication than their male counterparts and thus it makes sense that they're reaching higher degrees of hangover too.
每次喝酒,女性比她们的男性同行们会达到更为严重的酒醉,因此她们遭受更严重的宿醉是有道理的。
More research is needed though to determine for certain why women's hangovers are worse.
尽管还需要更多的研究来确定某些女性为什么会有更糟的宿醉。
YAEL:Hmm. Maybe I'll order a pitcher of water with this last drink.
雅艾尔:嗯。也许我这最后一杯可以点一大壶水。
DON:Good idea.
唐:好主意。