Miss Havisham smiled.You can go home.Come again in six days'time.Estella,give him some food.GO,Pip.
郝薇香小姐笑着说:你会很快回家的,6天以后再来。艾丝黛拉,给他些吃的。去吧,匹普。
And so I found myself back in the overgrown garden in the bright daylight.
我发现自己在强烈的阳光下回到了那个长满藤蔓的花园里。
Estella put some bread and meat down on the ground for me,like a dog.
艾丝黛拉给我拿了些面包和肉食,放在地上,像喂狗一样。
I was so offended by her behaviour towards me that tears came to my eyes.
我被她的行为触怒了,我的眼泪夺眶而出。
As soon as she saw this,She gave a delighted laugh,and pushed me out of the gate.
一看到这一切,她得意地一笑,就把我推出了门外。
I walked the four miles home to the forge,thinking about all I had seen.
我走了4英里的路回到铁匠铺,想起我所看到的一切。
As I looked sadly at my hands and boots,I remembered that I was only a common working boy,and wished I could be different.
当我伤心地看着我的双手和靴子,我记住了,我只是一个普通家庭的孩子,我希望我能改变这一切。
My sister was curious to know all the details of my visit,and kept asking me question after question.
我姐姐好奇地想知道我出访的细节,一个问题接着一个问题地问我。
Somehow I felt I could not,or did not want to,explain about Miss Havisham and her strange house.
不晓得什么缘故,我感到不可能,确实不能解释郝薇香小姐和她那奇怪的住宅,
I knew my sister would not understand.
我知道我姐姐不会明白的。
And the worst of it was,that old fool Pumblechook arrived at tea-time,to ask more questions.
更糟糕的是老傻瓜潘波趣在喝茶的时间倒会来问更多的问题。
Just looking at his fishy staring eyes and open mouth made me want to keep silent.
看着他瞪着那鱼眼,张着嘴巴,这使我保持了沉默。
Leave this boy to me,madam,he told Mrs Joe.I'll make him concentrate.Now,boy,what's forty-three and seventy-two?
把这孩子交给我,夫人,他告诉乔夫人,我会让他聚精会神。喂,孩子,43加72等于几?
I don't know,I said.I didn't care,either.
不知道,我说,我什么也不在乎。
Is it eighty-five,for example?he joked.
举个例子,是85吗?他开玩笑说。
关于《远大前程》
皮普知道一旦逃犯被抓,他从逃犯那里继承的财产也将被充公,因为他不会洗钱,又不懂法律,所以只好为了帮助被妒嫉的乡绅告发的逃犯,愚蠢地决定带着朋友赫伯斯冒险帮助他逃到外国。