I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard that I expected of myself.
我对没有达到自己期许的标准感到失望。
I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family.
现在我要用时间重新赢得家人的信任。
Moments ago Eliot Spitzer announced that he will step down effective next Monday...forced from office after he's linked to a pricey prostitution ring.
就在刚才,由于涉及高级卖淫集团而被迫下台的艾略特史毕泽宣布辞职,辞呈下周一生效。
A judge refuses to dismiss the indictment against alleged Manhattan madam, Kristin Davis.
法官拒绝撤销起诉曼哈顿夫人——克莉丝汀?戴维斯。
When New York governor, Eliot Spitzer, was caught patronizing high-end escorts, agency owner Kristin Davis went down with him.
当纽约州长,艾略特?史毕泽被发现光顾高级伴游女郎经纪公司后,老板克莉丝汀?戴维斯也被拖下水。
Davis was arrested in March after police say a neighbor tipped them off.
戴维斯在三月被捕,警方说是因为邻居举报了他。
What interested me in particular about the sex industry is the economics of it.
我对性产业特别有兴趣的地方是它的经挤效益。
I came from a business background and it is a recession-proof industry.
我出身企业界,伴游业是永不衰退的产业。
There's a reason why it's called the world's oldest profession.
作为世上最古老的行业一定有它存在的的理由。
Kristin didn't set out to be a madam.
克丽丝汀并非一开始就当老鸨。
She was introduced to the sex industry while working at a multi-million-dollar hedge fund.
她刚接触性产业时是数百万美元避险基金的管理人。
Within my week number two, I was asked to book a VIP trip to Vegas for the portfolio manager and to get strippers and to talk about body rub places they could go after hours...and sometimes that included having to book their escorts and that sort of thing.
我上班第二个星期上司要我帮投资组合经理订一趟赌城豪华贵宾行程,找脱衣舞娘和洽谈他们下班后的按摩地点...有时还要帮他们预定伴游女郎之类的。
Kristin started one of New York's most successful escort agencies, and became known as the Manhattan madam.
克丽丝汀创立了纽约最成功的伴游公司,人称曼哈顿夫人。
She says her agency earned millions each year.
她说公司每年进账数百万美元。
High-end prostitution is seen as glamorous.
外界认为高级妓女光鲜亮丽。
People cannot fathom why someone would pay over a thousand dollars an hour for somebody's time.
大家不懂为什么有人肯花上千元请别人陪他一小时。
Once they hear that, now their next question is: What's the girl like? Or, what are they getting for that amount?
听到这种事,他们马上会问:小姐长的怎么样?或者,这些钱能买到什么?
Lube. Good lube. Lots of it. Odorless, tasteless...the necessities...condoms.
润滑剂,不错的润滑剂,有很多。无臭无味的避孕套是必备之物。
Condoms-lots of condoms. Lots of condoms. Sometimes we use rope.
避孕套。-很多的避孕套。很多避孕套,但有时我们也玩SM。
Large portable vibrator, rechargeable for the ladies.
女士用的大个的便携式充电振动器。
As an escort, Sarah sees both men and couples who come to Las Vegas looking for a good time.
身为伴游的莎拉,看到过两个男人和一对夫妻到赌城来找乐子。
Yeah, cuffs,....
对呀,手铐...
So this is your mental checklist. This is kind of... This is what you bring in your brief...briefcase? -Exactly.
这都是你的精神利器吧。这有点...这就是你用手提包装的东西?-必须的。
The vibrator, the condoms, the lube, the handcuffs, the rope. This is in your briefcase? -This is in my briefcase, yes.
有振动器,避孕套,润滑油还有手铐,绳子,这都是你手提包里的吗?-这些都是我手提包里的,是的。
You enjoy what you do? -Absolutely. Oh, yeah.
你很享受你的工作吧?-必须的。
When I was talking about you, I said prostitute before, do you not like that term?
我跟你谈话时,说妓女这个称谓你会介意吗?
It doesn't bother me. It's technical like accountant.
这不会影响我,跟会计一样这只是个称呼。
Yeah, it doesn't bother me. I mean, I know what I am, it doesn't stir me.
对,它不会对我造成困扰。我的意思是,我知道自己是做什么的,但这称呼刺激不了我。