And then our mothers tell us, Careful you don't fall down, because you'll fall over.
然后母亲告诉我们,没有跌倒也要小心,因为你还会掉下来。
Now, go into the real atmosphere of this planet.
现在,进入这个行星真正的大气层。
This planet has an inner atmosphere of water;it's its inner atmosphere. It has two atmospheres a lesser, outer gaseous atmosphere, a lighter one.
这个行星具有一个由水组成的内部大气层。这就是内部大气层。它有两个大气层。外面一个是小点的,气体的大气层,重量较轻。
Most of life on earth is in that inner atmosphere.
地球上绝大多数的生物生活在内部大气层里。
And that life enjoys a three-dimensional existence,which is alien to us.
这些生物的享受着一个三维立体的生活空间,对我们来说这简直天方夜谭。
Fish do not sit in seats.
鱼儿不会坐在椅子里。
They don't. Their mothers don't say to little baby fish,Careful you don't fall over.
它们不会。鱼儿的妈妈也不会对它们说,没有摔倒你也要小心。
They don't fall over. They don't fall.
它们不会摔倒,不会的。
They live in a three-dimensional world where there is no difference in energy between going this way, that way, that way or that way.
它们活在一个三维的世界里,在那里,向这个方向,或那个方向,所需要的能量是没有区别的。
It's truly a three-dimensional space.
这是一个真正的三维空间,
And we're only just beginning to grasp it.
而我们才刚刚开始理解它。
I don't know of any other submersible,or even remote, that just takes advantage that this is a three-dimensional space.
我不知道其他潜水器,甚或是遥控潜水器,有没有想到利用这种三维空间。
This is the way we should be going into the oceans.
这才是我们迈向海洋所要采用的方式。
This is a three-dimensional machine.
这就是一个三维的机器。
What we need to do is go down into the ocean with the freedom of the animals,and move in this three-dimensional space.
我们要做的就是像那些动物一样,在这个三维的海洋空间里遨游。
OK, this is good stuff.
这确实是好东西。
This is man's first attempt at flying underwater.
这是人类第一次尝试在水下飞翔。
Right now, I'm just coming down on this gorgeous, big, giant manta ray.
此刻,我正在水下和这只漂亮的,巨大的鲾鲼一起。
She has twice the wingspan that I do.
她的翼展是我的两倍。
There I'm coming; she sees me.
我开了过去,她看到我。
And just notice how she rolls under and turns;she doesn't sit there and try and blow air into a tank and kind of flow up or sink down she just rolls.
请注意她是如何翻滚和转体。她不是坐在那里,也没有通过鼓气到槽罐里来控制上浮或下沉,她就是翻转。
And the craft that I'm in this hasn't been shown before.
而我的飞船,这是第一次在这里展示的。
Chris asked us to show stuff that hasn't been shown before.
克里斯让我来这里秀一些从未展示过的东西。
I wanted you to notice that she actually turned to come back up.
我希望你们注意到她实际上是翻个身又转回来的。
There I am; I see her coming back,coming up underneath me.
那就是我;我看到她回来了,从我下面游上来。
I put reverse thrust and I try and pull gently down.
我翻转推进,想慢慢地往下。
I'm trying to do everything very gently.
我试着很小心地做这一切。
We spent about three hours together and she's beginning to trust me.
我们花了大概三小时,她逐渐开始信任我。
And this ballet is controlled by this lady here.
而这位女士也主导着这支芭蕾。
She gets about that close and then she pulls away.
一到完结,她就转身离开了。
So now I try and go after her, but I'm practicing flying.
我试着要去追她,但我还在练习怎么飞…
This is the first flying machine. This was the first prototype.
这是第一架会飞的潜水器。这是最原始的雏形。
This was a fly by wire. It has wings.
这是次连接导线的飞行。它拥有翅膀,
There're no silly buoyancy tanks it's permanently, positively buoyant.
没有愚蠢的浮箱,它具有持久的浮力。