So already the pilots reveal this,that so many in the public score worse than random,so we have to think about preconceived ideas,and one of the main preconceived ideas
试运行结果已经表明有许多公众的得分比随机选择还要低。所以我们不得不对那些先入为主的观点进行思考其中一个主要的观点是。
is about world income distribution.
关于世界上的收入分配。
Look here. This is how it was in 1975.
看这个 这是1975年的数据。
It's the number of people on each income,from one dollar a day a See, there was one hump here,
是人均收入的数值从每天一美元。看这里有一个高峰。
around one dollar a day, and then there was one hump here somewhere between 10 and 100 dollars.
在每天一美元左右然后这里还有一个高峰大约在10到100美元之间。
The world was two groups.
世界上有两大群体。
It was a camel world, like a camel with two humps,the poor ones and the rich ones,and there were fewer in between.
像骆驼一样 有两个驼峰。穷人和富人介于两者之间的人较少。
But look how this has changed:
但是我们来看看数字是如何变化的。
As I go forward, what has changed,the world population has grown,and the humps start to merge.
随着时间推移 发生了什么样的变化,随着世界人口的增长两个驼峰开始合并。
The lower humps merged with the upper hump,and the camel dies and we have a dromedary world with one hump only.
低的驼峰向高的驼峰融合。骆驼死了然后我们得到了一头新的单峰骆驼,只有一个驼峰。
The percent in poverty has decreased.
贫困人口的比例减少了。
Still it's appalling that so many remain in extreme poverty.
但是依然很惊人,有这么多人仍然生活在极端贫困中。
We still have this group, almost a billion, over there,but that can be ended now.
大概还有接近10亿人但这是可以被终结的。
The challenge we have now is to get away from that, understand where the majority is,and that is very clearly shown in this question.
我们现在所面临的挑战是如何摆脱这些观念 去了解大多数人的处境。这一点在以下问题中得到了充分的体现。
We asked, what is the percentage of the world's one-year-old children who have got those basic vaccines against measles and other things that we have had for many years.
问世界上有多少比例的一岁儿童接种了那些我们已经使用了多年的对抗麻疹以及其他疾病的疫苗。
20, 50 or 80 percent?
百分之20 50 还是80?。
Now, this is what the U.S. public and the Swedish answered.
这是美国和瑞典公众的回答。
Look at the Swedish result:
看看瑞典的结果。
you know what the right answer is.
你就该知道正确的答案是什么了。
Who the heck is a professor of global health in that country?
该国有个搞全球健康研究的教授是谁。
Well, it's me. It's me.
好吧是我。
It's very difficult, this. It's very difficult.
这非常难,非常困难。
However, Ola's approach to really measure what we know made headlines,and CNN published these results on their web
然而 奥拉用于测量我们所知多少的方法 上了头条CNN在网站上公布了调查结果。
And they had the questions there, millions answered,and I think there were about 2,000 comments,and this was one of the comments.
有几百万人回答了这些问题。然后我记得大概有两千多条评论。其中一条是这么说的。
I bet no member of the media passed the test, he said.
我打赌新闻界没人能通过这个测试" 他说。
So Ola told me, "Take these devices.
然后奥拉跟我说"带上这些设备。
You are invited to media conferences.
你被邀请参加的是媒体圈的会议。
Give it to them and measure what the media know.
分给他们 然后测一测新闻界知道多少。
And ladies and gentlemen,for the first time, the informal results from a conference with U.S. media.
女士们 先生们首先 是来自一场美国媒体会议上的非正式结果。
And then, lately, from the European Union media.
之后是来自欧盟媒体的。
You see, the problem is not that people don't read and listen to the media.
大家看 问题并不在于人们不读或者不听新闻。
The problem is that the media doesn't know themselves.
问题在于连媒体自己都不知道。
What shall we do about this, Ola?
我们对此该怎么办呢 奥拉?
Do we have any ideas?
有什么主意吗?。