So why are the girls doing it? That's, I don't understand that.
那这些女人干嘛这么做?我不明白。
Well, you just heard the 911 tape, right? Why would someone do it?
你刚刚听过报案的录音带,对吗?为什么有人会这么做?
If he threatened to cut up this girl's face, and she wasn't even working for him, imagine what he's doing to some of the other women.
如果这女孩根本不是他手下的小姐,他就威胁割破她的脸,想想他会怎么对付其他的女人。
Do the escort services themselves know that there are pimps behind these girls?
伴游公司本身知道这些小姐背后有皮条客吗?
In my experience, they do. They know who the girls' pimps are.
根据我的经验,他们知道。他们知道小姐的皮条客是谁。
They'll say that we don't know, we don't know anything about that.
他们会说我们不知情,我们对此并不知情。
We make them sign a contract saying that they can't have sex when they go on their dates.
我们和她们签合约规定她们不能从事性交易。
But they know exactly what's happening.
但他们知道得清清楚楚。
We're on our way to meet with a man who owns an escort service.
我们要去见一个开伴游公司的男人。
He's agreed to meet with us outside of his office at this bar, and he's uh, he said he'd be wearing sunglasses to partially obscure his identity, but that he would tell us how the escort services really work.
他答应在公司外面的酒吧和我们碰面,他说他会戴太阳眼镜多少隐瞒一下身份,不过他会告诉我们伴游公司如何运作。
I have local politicians here that, you know, use the service. And uh, I want to be as discreet as possible.
我有一些客户是当地的政客,他们会使用这种服务。我希望尽量谨慎一点。
You know, for me to do this, I'm really going outside the box and I'm going to piss off a lot of people.
你要知道,我这么做,这种越轨行为会惹毛很多人。
So why are you doing this? Why did you agree to talk to us?
那你为什么这么做?为什么答应接受我们访问?
I think your audience should know the reality of the business.
我认为观众应该知道这一行的真相。
What is the reality of the business? -Well, its' not all glamour.
这一行的真相是什么?-不完全是光鲜亮丽的。
Is it a profitable business? -Oh, very profitable.
这一行有赚头吗?-很有赚头。
Modern technology has really increased my business, you know, when somebody wants to see pictures...
现代科技让我生意做得更大,你知道的,如果有人想看看照片...
I can do a little slideshow. Well, this is what we have on the menu, uh, tonight.
我可以放一段幻灯片。这就是今晚的小姐。
She's beautiful. -Yes, uh, some are really beautiful. And some are not so beautiful.
她很漂亮。-对,有些小姐真的很漂亮。有些就没那么漂亮。
But the customer can pick and, you know, these are real pictures.
不过顾客可以挑选,这些是真的照片。
She's very popular. Men have these, uh, instinctual drives. Base instincts and they have to be satisfied. Okay?
她很受欢迎。男人有本能的冲动。这些本能必须得到满足,对吧?
So basically what you're saying is that this is prostitution.
基本上你的意思是这就是卖淫。
There may be things that go on that's none of our business.
发生什么状况不干我们的事。
Wink-wink. But the girls sign a contract.
说是这么说。但这些小姐签了合约。
And we do not solicit prostitution period. I cannot emphasize that enough.
我们不教唆卖淫,就这么简单。我要极力强调这一点。
A lot of people have told us that the majority, the vast majority of these girls are actually working for pimps, through these escort agencies like yours.
很多人跟我们说,绝大多数的伴游女郎背后都有皮条客,通过像你们这样的伴游公司接客。
Okay, that's um, very true. And I just cannot stand that part of the business.
好,这是千真万确的。这就是伴游业让我受不了的地方。
A lot of girls come to work with black eyes for instance.
例如很多小姐带着瘀青的眼睛接客。
Because they've been beaten by their pimps? -Well, that's the assumption, you know.
因为她们被皮条客打?-我们是这么以为的。
Getting beaten up is very common. There's a lot of drama in the business.
小姐们经常被打。这一行很戏剧化。
But, the unfortunate fact is that they all have men.
不过,不幸的是小姐们都有皮条客。
And I need to make money. So what am I gonna do? I need girls.
我需要赚钱。那我能怎么办?我需要小姐。
Look at me as a broker of commodities, and the females are a commodity.
就把我当成商品代理,这些小姐是商品。
I'm doing a service. Not only for men that have these desires for entertainment, but for the girls. So, it all works out.
我提供的是服务。不只服务想找乐子的男人,也为这些小姐提供工作。所以运作良好。
A nice little family network.
一个美好的小家庭网络。