Jo's addiction started 18 years ago
乔 从18年前就开始上瘾
when she was prescribed
当时医生给她开了强效止痛药
strong pain killers to deal with chronic pain.
来治疗她的慢性痛
But by the time she'd been cured,
但当她被治愈时
she found she couldn't function without the drugs.
她发现自己已经离不开这种药了
Over the years, the addiction has taken over her life,
这些年来 药瘾已经毁了她的生活
causing pain itself, limiting what she can physically do.
上瘾引起疼痛 身体活动受到限制
Jo has struggled to
乔曾试图克服药瘾
overcome her addiction but she can't escape it.
但是她却摆脱不了
The problem is that she can score her drugs on the high street.
问题就在于止痛药随处可见
There is quite a lot of chemists when you look round,
你放眼望去会发现有很多药店
and you go in and you do it on a rota system,
你可以对照药剂师排班表去买
so one chemist thinks
所以每个药剂师
that you're just getting them once per week.
都以为你只是每周买一次
But then you drag people into it and you don't mean to.
但是后来你拉你朋友去买 你不是有意
But you, you know, when I asked my husband to get them for me,
但是 当我让我丈夫给我买药的时候
he honestly said to me,
他真的对我说
"I can't, I can't go in there and get them for you.
我不能 我无法进去为你买
"It would be like dealing to you. You know,
这就像是帮你买毒品 你知道吗
"This could be the one
这要可能会害死你
that kills you and I'd never forgive myself."
而我将永远无法原谅自己