44. Better off with E-mail?
第44课 电子邮件会便好
Steve is chatting with his sister, Diana.
史帝夫正在和他妹妹戴安娜聊天。
S: Gee, Diana, you're always at home. Don't you have any friends to go out with?
咦,戴安娜,你老是待在家里。你没有朋友可以一起出去的吗?
D: Sure, I do. But all my friends are either out shopping or they're boring. And you know I hate shopping.
我当然有。但是我的朋友不是出去购物了就是很无聊,而且你知道我很讨厌去购物。
S: Get a boyfriend. I'm sure you won't be bored then.
找个男朋友嘛,我相信那样你就不会觉得无聊了。
D: Actually, I want to meet some interesting guys but I don't know how to.
其实我想认识些有趣的男生,但是我不知道该怎么做。
S: Why don't you try E-mail? You might get lucky.
你何不试试电子邮件?你可能会走运。
D: I don't think so. Besides, dating through e-mail is neither personal nor romantic. Why don't you introduce me to some of your friends?
我才不这么认为呢。何况通过电子邮件约会既没有亲切感又不浪漫。你为什么不介绍一些你的朋友给我认识呢?
S: Why didn't I think of that? How about my best friend, Fred?
我为什么没想到呢?我最要好的朋友弗瑞德怎么样?
D: Uh… maybe I'll be better off with e-mail.
呃……我用电子邮件可能会比较好些。