56. Baby Trouble
第56课 生儿育女的烦恼
Betty is talking to her husband Dan. (B=Betty; D=Dan)
贝蒂正在和她的先生丹说话。
Don't you think it's time that we had a baby?
你不认为我们该生个小孩了吗?
We're much better off without children. Think of all the trouble raising them.
我们没有小孩会过得比较好。想想养育小孩有多麻烦。
But it's only natural that married couples have babies.
可是夫妻生小孩是很自然的事情。
I don't want any brats who'll run around the house breaking things.
我不想要有小鬼在屋里乱跑弄坏东西。
Then I'll have a baby by myself.
那我就自己生一个。
Don't be ridiculous. That's not possible.
别丢人啦!那是不可能的。
Yes, it is. I can adopt or go to the sperm bank or...
当然可能。我可以收养或者到精子银行, 或者……
Stop! Are you crazy? I forbid it.
不要再说了!你疯了吗?我不准你这么做。
Then, can we have a baby together?
那么, 我们可以一起生个小孩吗?
OK. You win.
好吧, 你赢了。