Welcome to our day school on crime fiction.
欢迎各位参加我们关于犯罪小说的日校
My name is David Grylls.
我叫大卫·格里尔斯
I am the director of Oxford University's
是牛津大学继续教育项目
Continuing Education Program in Literature,
文学部的主任
and I am the organizer and Chair today.
今天由我负责课堂的组织和主持
You will have notice already that
你们应该已经发现
we are in a different venue from usual.
今天的上课地点不同于往常
Some of you I am sure have been in today's schools in Rewley House.
我肯定你们中有人在Rewley House上过课
This particular event proved so popular that we had to relocate
这门课太受欢迎了,以至于我们不得不换上课地点
And knowing how people who read crime fiction
也由此可见喜欢读犯罪小说的人
like to have a challenge and to follow clues.
是多么喜欢挑战和追踪线索
We picked this particular auditorium
我们换到这个礼堂的事情
as a test of wits of the outset of the day.
就当做是一个智力测试开始我们的一天
I am going to stick to time very strictly today,
今天我将对上课时间做严格要求
because as you know from the program,
正如你们对本项目的了解
although coffee and tea will be served here
在上午和下午的中间
in the middle of the morning, in the middle of the afternoon,
可以在这里饮用咖啡和茶水
lunch for those of you who are booked in for lunch
你们当中预订午餐的
will be served at Rewley House.
将安排在Rewley House
You have maps.
你们有地图
It's on the other side of St. Giles.
就在圣吉尔斯的另一边
Do be careful in the middle of the day.
但是中午时间要特别小心
If you are in a state of excitement about these two lectures,
如果你们因为这两个讲座而兴奋不已
not to get run over as you cross St. Giles.
那么穿过圣吉尔斯的时候就要防止被车撞到
It's ok if you get murdered,
如果你被谋杀了也没关系
because we have got enough people on the panel today
因为今天我们来了足够多的人
who would be able to detect the murderer.
他们能帮你找出凶手
But anyway be careful
但不管怎样,一定要小心
and I hope that you get back in time in the afternoon.
我希望下午大家都能准时到
Coffee and tea actually when we end this section,
在本章节结束后可以去喝咖啡和茶水
you get out of the auditorium here,
从这个门走出礼堂
and then turn left and follow it round,
然后左转向前走
and there's a large room on the left
左侧的大房间就是
where coffee and tea will be served.
供应咖啡和茶水的地方