So how are things going, mate?
近况如何,老兄?
Good. Things are good. I’m really enjoying my job...lots of work, but I’ll be rich in three years!
不错,都挺好的。我很喜欢现在这份工作。尽管工作很多,但三年后我就会很富有的。
You work all the time. I don’t know how you manage it. You should take a break some time, come and play football with me!
你总是在不停地工作。我不知道你怎么能应付过来。你应该花些时间放松一下。过来和我一起玩足球吧!
Too busy, mate, too busy. Venture capital,it’s so exciting right now.
老兄,我太忙,太忙了。对我来说,风险投资太刺激了。
All the opportunities opening up in China. And I’m here to make the most of it!
中国现在已开放了很多机会,我想趁此好好利用一下它们。
You should think about changing your job, Harry,get a piece of the action!
哈里,你应该考虑更换你的工作,从中获取一些利益。
You’re right...I’m always thinking about changing jobs...but I only know about computers, nothing else.
你说的有道理,我一直在考虑换工作,但除了计算机,我一无所知。
There are lots of computer experts around. You need to specialise!
现在已经有很多的计算机专家了,你应该有主攻的方向。
Perhaps you’re right, but I really like my job.
或许你是对的,但我现在真的很喜欢这份工作。
Is the money good?
待遇很好吗?
Not bad...
不差。
But not good?
那就是不好了?
Well, I could find a job that pays more, but I would enjoy it less...
我可以找到薪水更高的工作,但是我并不会这么快乐了。
You could come and work for our company!
你应该来我们公司!
Hmmm..is that an offer?
这算是一个邀请吗?
Yes...I’m serious! Listen, I’ll have a word with the human resources people tomorrow.
是的,我是很认真的。听着,明天我将会和人事部的工作人员简单谈一下。
I know there are some vacancies at the moment in the IT team...you’d easily get it. Have to go now, see you soon.
我知道此时IT部门有有些空缺岗位。对你来说将会很容易的。我现在不得不走了,再见啊。
Yeah, cheers mate, see you soon.
好的,谢谢老兄了,再见。
Hi there! You on your own?
自己吗?
Yeah, Johnny’s just gone off to work...
是啊,约翰尼工作去了。
As always. Never stops, that boy.
总是这样。永远不停歇。
Talking of which, what are you doing here. Shouldn’t you be in the shop?
你在这里干嘛,你不是应该在商店吗?
I’m just taking a break. I’m fed up of standing in that shop selling shoes all day, to tell you the truth.
我只是来透透气。实话告诉你,我厌倦了整天站在商店卖鞋。
They’re very nice shoes, though.
尽管这些鞋非常好。
All hand made, of course. But, like I say, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life running that shop.
都是手工做的。但是,就像我说的,我不想把我的余生花在商店里。
You could sell your shoes on the web.
你可以在网上卖鞋。
That’s right! I’ve thought about that already...
对啊!我已经想到了。
Have you got anybody to set up a website for you?
你让人帮你制作网站了吗?
No…but I did think...I was wondering...I don’t suppose....
但是我想,我不想。
What?
什么?
that you’d be interested?
我想你是否感兴趣?
Me? Do your website for you?
我?为你做网站?
Well, yeah...I’d like someone I know...someone I can trust...
是啊,我想用一些我知道的,我相信的人。
Well, I guess I could do it, sure...I’ll have to think...
我猜我能做,我不得不考虑。
Hi Fadi! How are you doing? Do you know my friend Harry?
你好,法迪,怎么样?认识我的朋友哈吗?
No...nice to meet you!
不认识,很高兴见到你!
Yeah...you too...cheers.
我也是。
Fadi works in the restaurant business, don’t you Fadi?
法迪在餐饮业,是不是?
Well, sort of, not exactly...we supply food to lots of restaurants, but...I tell you..it’s a nightmare at the moment...
沾边,但是不确切,我们为许多餐馆供货,但是现在就像噩梦一般。
Oh dear. What’s the problem?
出什么事了?
Well, there’s just too much work really...can’t keep up. It’s my dad’s business, but he’s getting old now.
工作太多了,跟不上了。这原本是我爸的生意,但是他老了。
My uncle works with us too, but he’s not really interested, so it’s all up to me...I can’t keep track of what’s coming in and going out...
我叔叔和我们一起干,但是他不感兴趣,所以现在都有我决定,我现在招架不住了。
Sounds like you need a better stock management system!
听起来你需要一个良好的库存管理系统!
Yeah! That’s exactly what I was thinking – how did you know that?
是啊!这正是我想的,你怎么知道?
That’s my job, innit? I set up computerised stock management systems, all kinds of business IT solutions...
这是我的工作,我是制作电脑库存管理系统的,解决各种商业问题。
Wow! That’s brilliant! Listen...seriously now...would you be interested in some work?
太好了!说真的,你对我的工作感兴趣吗?
Erm...well..yeah!.... That’s three job offers in the last five minutes! What should I do?
嗯,是的,这5分钟里我得到了3份工作邀请,我该怎么办?