Kelly and Megan always walk to school.
凯丽和梅格恩通常是走路上学。
They meet their friends Susan Garcia, Nick Lee and Bill Goldberg.
她们见到了她们的朋友:苏珊·加西亚、尼克·李和比尔·戈德伯格。
"I'm so excited about Halloween," says Susan.
“要过万圣节了,我很兴奋,”苏珊说。
Susan is Hispano-American. She is 13 years old and has long black hair.
苏珊是西班牙裔美国人。她13岁,有乌黑的长发。
"This is the first time we can have a party without our parents!"
“这是第一次我们的聚会可以没有父母!”
"We must find a place to have the party," says Nick.
“我们得找一个聚会的地方,”尼克说。
He is 14 years old and he's a good cook.
他14岁,厨艺很棒。
His parents have a Chinese restaurant in Salem.
他的父母在塞勒姆开了一家中餐厅。
"Let's see!" says Bill. "I can ask my grandmother."
“让我看看!”比尔说。“我可以问我的祖母。”
Bill Goldberg is a handsome boy of 14.
比尔·戈德伯格,14岁的帅男孩。
His favorite school subject is science.
他在学校最喜欢的课程是科学。
He lives with his grandmother.
他和他祖母住在一起。
"Susan, do you have a scary costume for Halloween?" asks Kelly.
“苏珊,你有万圣节的恐怖服装吗?”凯丽问。
"It's a surprise! I can't tell you," says Susan.
“这是个惊喜!我不会告诉你的,”苏珊说。
"Do you believe in ghosts?" Bill asks. - "Yes!" they all say.
“你们相信鬼吗?”比尔问。- “是的!”他们齐声说。
"Oh, I don't!" says Bill. "Science can explain everything." - "Really?" says Nick.
“哦,我不相信!”比尔说。“科学可以解释所有事。” -“真的吗?”尼克问。
"A lot of strange things happen on Halloween night.
“万圣节晚上会发生很多奇怪的事情。
My grandparents come from China.
我祖母来自中国。
They believe in ghosts and evil spirits too." Bill laughs.
他们也相信鬼和恶魔的灵魂。”比尔笑了。
"Do you remember the story of the old woman in the cemetery..."
“你还记得墓地里那个老女人的故事吗...”
"Oh, Nick, please don't tell us again!" says Bill.
“哦,尼克,不要再跟我们说这个!”比尔说。
Nick smiles mysteriously.
尼克神秘地笑了笑。
It's 8:30 a. m. and the school bell is ringing.
上午8:30,学校的铃响了。