September 25
9月25日
Read it!
读读看!
Everyone is talking about Race Maze.
每个人都在谈论《竞速迷宫》,
Susie is concerned.
苏希却有所挂虑,
Video games can be exciting.
电动游戏或许很刺激,
But they can be dangerous, too.
但是它们也蛮危险。
Her brother couldn't stop playing games!
她弟弟就是因为无法停止玩游戏!
He lost his job and failed some classes.
丢了他的工作,而且还当掉一些功课。
Her parents were really mad.
她的父母非常生气,
Her brother made a choice. He stopped playing video games.
她的弟弟做了一个决定, 他不再玩电动游戏,
His grades improved right away.
他的成绩马上就进步了。
Conversation A
会话A
Hi, Jim. Did you buy Race Maze?
嗨,吉姆,你有买到《竞速迷宫》吗?
Hi, Mark! Yes, I did.
嗨,马克!有,我买到了。
I played it with my son yesterday.
我昨天和我儿子玩,
We played it for hours!
我们玩了好几个小时!
Hey, guys!
嘿,朋友们!
Hi, Susie.
嗨,苏希。
What did you play for hours, Jim?
吉姆,你玩什么玩几个小时?
A new video game.
一个新的电动游戏。
It's really fun.
真的超好玩,
I played it for hours yesterday, too.
我昨天也玩了好几个小时。
You should be careful.
你们应该小心点,
Video games can be exciting.
电动游戏或许很刺激,
But they can be dangerous, too.
但是它们也很危险。
Conversation B
会话B
What do you mean, Susie?
苏希,妳要说什么?
My brother liked playing video games in high school.
我弟弟高中的时候也很喜欢打电动游戏。
So?
那又如何?
He couldn't stop!
他停不下来!
He played them day and night!
他夜以继日地玩!
My family was very concerned.
我的家人非常地挂虑。
You're right, Susie.
苏希,妳说得很对,
Playing too much can be bad.
玩太多可能不好。
Right.
对啊。
Not only did my brother lose his job, but he also failed some classes!
我弟弟不只丢掉他的工作,他还当掉了几门课!
My parents were really mad.
我的父母非常生气。
He lost his job? That's bad.
他丢了他的工作? 那挺糟的。
Conversation C
会话C
What happened to your brother?
你弟弟后来怎么办?
My parents gave him a choice.
我父母给他一个选择。
What was it?
什么选择?
Either he stopped playing video games or he lost his computer.
他可选择停止打电动游戏,或是没收他的计算机。
So he stopped playing video games?
所以他停止打电动?
Yes. His grades improved right away.
对,他的成绩马上就有进步。
Wow. Maybe I should be careful.
哇,或许我应该小心一点,
I don't want to lose my job.
我可不希望丢掉我的工作。
Games can be fun.
电玩或许很好玩,
But they aren't that fun.
但是也没有好玩到值得丢掉工作。