Lesson 5 Activities
第五课 活动
January 12
1月12日
Yo-Yos
好玩溜溜球
Read it!
读读看!
Jim is trying to do tricks with a yo-yo. But it's hard.
吉姆试图以溜溜球耍把戏, 但是满难的。
Alex is pretty good with a Chinese yo-yo.
亚力克斯很会玩扯铃,
He shows it to Jim.
他玩给吉姆看。
He wraps a string around it.
他先用绳子缠绕扯铃,
Then he makes it spin with two sticks.
然后以两根棍子使其转动。
He can throw it up in the air and catch it.
他可以把扯铃抛上空中再接住。
Jim tries it. But he decides to stick to an American yo-yo.
吉姆尝试看看, 不过还是决定继续玩他的美式溜溜球。
Conversation A
会话A
Hi, Jim. Nice yo-yo.
嗨,吉姆,这溜溜球看起来不错唷。
Thanks.
谢了,
But it's not mine. It's my son's.
不过这不是我的,是我儿子的。
I'm trying to do tricks with it.
我想用这颗溜溜球耍些把戏。
I had a yo-yo when I was a kid.
我小时候有一颗溜溜球,
But I couldn't do any tricks.
可是我完全不会耍把戏。
I can just make it go up and down. That's all.
我只会让它上下滚动, 就这样而已。
I'm pretty good with a yo-yo.
我很会玩一种溜溜球。
Oh? Show me!
哦?玩给我看!
Just a minute. I have a yo-yo on my desk.
等一下, 我的桌子上有一个。
Conversation B
会话B
What is that?
那是什么?
It's a Chinese yo-yo. It's a fun toy.
这是扯铃, 是一种很好玩的玩具。
How does it work?
怎么玩?
I'll show you.
我玩给你们看。
First you wrap the string around it, like this.
首先,把绳子像这样缠绕上去,
Then you move these sticks, like this.
然后移动这两根棍子,就像这样。
And it spins. Cool!
这样就会转动了,真酷!
Can you do tricks with it?
你能够用它耍把戏吗?
I'm learning. I can throw it up and catch it sometimes.
我还在学。 我会把它抛上去,偶尔能够接得住,
But I still need more practice.
可是我还需要练习。
Conversation C
会话C
Alex showed me his Chinese yo-yo today, Rob.
罗柏,今天亚力克斯玩了他的扯铃给我看。
Really? I'll ask him to show it to me later.
真的吗?我晚点再请他玩给我看。
Can you play with one?
你会玩吗?
I can! I can even throw it in the air and catch it.
会! 我甚至还会把它抛上空中再接住。
Wow. I tried playing with it.
哇。我试着玩过,
But I couldn't even make it spin.
可是我连让它转都没办法。
It takes practice.
那是需要练习的。
I'll stick to an American yo-yo. That's easier!
我还是继续玩美式溜溜球就好, 这种溜溜球比较简单!