Did you write in here?
你当时是在这里写书的吗?
This is really the room.
真的是这间屋子。
Well, I finished Philosopher's Stone in here.
我在这里完成了《魔法石》。
This is really where I turned my life around.
这里真是我人生的转角。
Completely. I mean, my life changed so much in this flat.
彻彻底底地,我是说我的人生在这里发生了太大的变化。
I feel I really became myself here, you know, everything was stripped away.
我觉得我在这里成就了自我,一切都从生命中剥离。
I'd made such a mess of things but that was freeing.
我把生活弄得一团糟,但那些使我解脱。
So I just thought, "Well, I wanna write. "
所以我只想着 “好 我要写作”。
"So I write the book. And what is the worst that can happen?
“所以我写书,我还能发生什么更糟的事发生?”
It gets down by every publisher in Britain, big deal. "
无非就是被英国所有的出版商拒之门外,有什么大不了。”
So, you know it was really back-to-the-wall time here.
所以你知道的,这里真是一段走投无路的时间。
My bedroom's... Well, "my bedroom"...The bedroom is a lot tidier now, God.
我的卧室,“我的卧室” 这间卧室现在整洁多了。
God, that's mad.
上帝,好疯狂。
This was a tip when I left it.
那是我留下的小纸条。
Oh, look. Harry Potter books.
看,《哈利·波特》书。
Now, that is really freaky.
现在这一切真的很怪。
And for years now I felt like if it all disappeared and some days I do feel like that. Is it real?
好多年了,我还会想如果现在的一切消失了,有些时候我真会这么想,这是真的吗?
Then this is where I would come back to, you know. This would be my baseline. I'd be back in Leith.
接着,这里就会是我回去的地方,这里会是我的底线,我会回到利斯。
And obviously if I had known that 10 year... Well, what was it? Yeah, 10 years on.
显然,要是我10年前就知道……多少呢?对,就是10年以前。
I'd come back here with a film crew and there would be my published books in someone else's bookcase in this room.
知道有一天我会带着摄制组回到这里,这间屋子里别人的书架上会有我出的书。
I mean, it's really incredible to me.
我想说这真的太不可思议了。
It really did... I mean Yes.
真的太……我想说是的。
Because it's such a well-worn part of my story now. It's a big yawn to hear.
我是怎么写出书来的故事已经是老生常谈了,再听人们要打哈欠了。
How I wrote I as though it was all some sort of publicity stunt I did for a year.
我是如何写书的,这一年来我就好像在做秀。
But it was my life, and it was very hard.
但这就是我的生活,走到这一步非常不容易。
And I didn't know that it was gonna be this fairy-tale resolution.
我从没想到过最后的答案会是童话般的结局。
And I... Coming back here is just full of ghosts.
我……回到这里真是太多不好的过往。