March 10
3月10日
Read it!
读读看!
Jim is on his way to the computer store.
吉姆正在前往计算机商店的途中。
He took the subway.
他搭乘地铁。
He's on the River Street platform waiting for the train.
他正在大河街站的月台上等车。
Alex wants to get to the store first.
亚力克斯想要先到商店,
He doesn't want to go on foot, so he borrows Susie's bike.
他不想走路去,所以借了苏希的脚踏车。
Both get to the store.
两人都抵达了商场,
Both paid fares to get there.
都花了交通费到那里去,
But who got the earphones?
结果是谁买到耳机呢?
Conversation A
会话A
Hello?
喂?
Hi, Taylor. Did Alex call you?
嗨,泰乐,亚力克斯有打电话给妳吗?
Yes, he did.
有。
Oh. Then he's already at the store.
喔,那么他已经到了那家店。
No, he's not. He's in a taxi and stuck in traffic.
没有,他还没到。他搭出租车,可是塞车了。
Where are you?
你在哪里?
I decided to take the subway.
我决定搭地铁,
I'm on the River Street platform.
我现在在大河街站的月台上
I'm waiting for the next train.
等下一班车。
Then you'll be there soon.
那你很快就会到了。
I hope so. I have to beat Alex!
希望如此。我一定要比亚力克斯快,打败他!
Conversation B
会话B
Oh! Be careful!
噢!小心一点!
I'm so sorry. I ...Susie!
对不起,我…苏希!
Alex! What are you doing downtown?
亚力克斯!你到市中心来做什么?
I'm on my way to a store.
我在去一家商店的路上,
But I can't go very fast on foot.
可是用走的不够快,
Can I borrow your bike?
我可以借妳的脚踏车吗?
I guess so. But ...
应该可以,可是…
Thanks, Susie. I'll be back in the studio soon.
谢了,苏希, 我很快就会回摄影棚了。
Hey, wait! How will I get to work?
喂,等一下!我要怎么去上班啊?
I can take a bus. I guess.
我想我可以搭公交车。
Conversation C
会话C
I got to the store first!
是我先到商店的!
But you only beat me by a few seconds.
可是你只比我快了几秒而已。
I still got there first.
反正我还是先到。
But you didn't get the earphones!
可是你没有买到耳机!
No. They already sold the last pair of earphones!
没有,我们两人都没买到。最后一副耳机已经卖掉了。
Yeah. And we spent money to get there.
是啊,结果我们还花了钱到那里去。
I paid subway fare.
我花了地铁票的钱。
But I paid taxi fare.
可是我花了出租车资,
And it was a lot more!
那可是比地铁票贵得多!