And this is just gonna be really rough-and-ready, a makeshift
这架子看上去太简陋
just a frame to carry this carcass on.
临时用来搬运驯鹿尸体已足够了
This is a typical north American way they used to carry their tepees.
这是典型的北美人 搬运帐篷的方法
Birch branches lashed together with the cord from my traps form the frame.
用绳子将桦树树杆 绑成个筏子
A section of fur will act as a yolk.No doubt this is gonna be quite hard work.
一条皮毛作为纽带 这项任务显然不会太简单
But when you've got a kill like this, you know,you really don't want to leave much of it behind.
但当你得到这样一顿大餐 你真的不舍得将它扔在这里
The frame is taking the weight of the carcass,but dragging it through this deep snow is a real effort.
筏子承受住了尸体的重量 但要在皑皑积雪中拖动它也非常辛苦
Like so much of moving through the mountains,this is about going steady.
就当做是在雪山里做运动 现在开始稳了
You got to pace yourself.As I reach the tree line, the terrain gets steeper.
你要控制好自己的步伐 当我到达林木线后 地势越发险峻
It's getting even harder for my sledge.Let's go a bit steady here.
雪橇越发难以拖动 先稳在这里
There, you see -- here's a big drop off down here.
那里 你看 是个山崖
No way it's gonna get me and the sledge.Down that.Actually, look. Hang on.
我不可能把自己和雪橇 弄下去 看那 等等
You see that frozen waterfall on the other side?
看到另一边冻住的瀑布了吗
I might be able to work my way down that,if we can get around.
如果我们能过去的话 说不定能从那里滑下去
You see, this is the river that's feeding that frozen waterfall.
你看 这条河 就是冰冻住的瀑布积起来的
In summertime, this would be a gushing torrent,but because most of it's frozen,
夏天这里肯定是一番生机勃勃的景象 但因为现在它大都被冻住了
it's that that I'm gonna use to climb down.
所以我要利用它去到下面
Hold on, this is...The reindeer is a guaranteed source of food,
等等 这有点 有了驯鹿就不愁食物来源了
but dragging it through this sort of terrain is not easy.
但把它拖过这种地方可不容易
Okay, give us a hand.Just kick that a bit free, right?
帮我个忙 帮我踢松一点