Alyn stepped into the bedchamber a few moments after the steward had taken his leave. My lord.
总管离开后没几分钟,埃林走进他的卧房。大人。
Poole tells me it has been six days, Ned said.
普尔说我睡了六天。奈德道,
I must know how things stand.
我要知道现在局势如何。
The Kingslayer is fled the city, Alyn told him.
弑君者跑了。埃林告诉他,
The talk is he’s ridden back to Casterly Rock to join his father.
传说是逃回凯岩城和他父亲会合。
The story of how Lady Catelyn took the Imp is on every lip.
凯特琳夫人逮捕小恶魔的事,已经传遍大街小巷,
I have put on extra guards, if it please you.
所以我加派了守卫,希望您不介意。
It does, Ned assured him. My daughters?
你做得很好。奈德赞许道。我的女儿们呢?
They have been with you every day, my lord.
大人,她们每天都陪着您。珊莎静静地为您祷告,
Sansa prays quietly, but Arya...He hesitated.
可艾莉亚…他迟疑了一下。
She has not said a word since they brought you back.
自他们把您带回来后,她就没说过半个字。
She is a fierce little thing, my lord.
大人,她性子很烈,
I have never seen such anger in a girl.
我从没见哪个小女孩这么生气过。
Whatever happens, Ned said, I want my daughters kept safe.
无论如何,奈德道,我希望我女儿们平安无事。
I fear this is only the beginning.
恐怕麻烦才刚开始。
No harm will come to them, Lord Eddard, Alyn said. I stake my life on that.
艾德大人,她们不会有事的。埃林道,我拿性命担保。
Jory and the others.
乔里他们…
I gave them over to the silent sisters, to be sent north to Winterfell.
我把他们交给了静默修女会的姐妹,准备送回临冬城去。
Jory would want to lie beside his grandfather.
应该让乔里葬在他祖父身边。
It would have to be his grandfather, for Jory’s father was buried far to the south.
他只能与祖父葬在一块,因为乔里的父亲葬在遥远的南方。
Martyn Cassel had perished with the rest.
马丁·凯索和其他人一样命丧南疆,
Ned had pulled the tower down afterward, and used its bloody stones to build eight cairns upon the ridge.
战后奈德拆掉高塔,用其血色石砖在山脊上筑起八座石冢。
It was said that Rhaegar had named that place the tower of joy, but for Ned it was a bitter memory.
据说雷加将它命名为极乐塔,但对奈德而言,那里却充满了痛苦的回忆。
They had been seven against three, yet only two had lived to ride away; Eddard Stark himself and the little crannogman, Howland Reed.
他们以七对三,却只有艾德·史塔克他自己,和小个子的泽地人霍兰·黎德两人生还。
He did not think it omened well that he should dream that dream again after so many years.
多年以来,这个梦反复出现,实在不是什么好兆头。
背景介绍:
《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。