Dialogue 1
Xiao Gao: Hey, Jingjing, what have you been up to lately?
小高:嗨,京晶,最近忙什么呢?
Jingjing: Nothing much,just surfing the net and writing my blog.
京晶:没忙什么,就是上上网写写博客。
Xiao Gao: How do you find the time to do that? I thought you were as busy as a beaver.
小高:你哪有那么多时间做那些事?我还以为你忙得不可开交呢!
Jingjing: I am busy! My new phone lets me go online and even write my blog.
京晶:我是很忙。我忙着用我的新手机上网还有写博客。
Xiao Gao: Really? That's tight! I bet your new phone gave you a run for your money.
小高:你的新手机功能不错啊。我猜花了你不少钱吧?
Jingjing: I'll admit, it wasn't cheap, but I'm a sucker for gadgets. I LOVE my new phone, it's a step up from my old phone. You should really consider buying one.
京晶:我承认确实不便宜,但是我是高科技设备的忠实粉丝。我太爱我的新手机了,它比我的老手机好太多了。你真的应该考虑买一部。
Xiao Gao: I don't know…I'm not sure I want to fork up that kind of money.
小高:我不知道,我不确定我想花那么多钱买手机。
Jingjing: Oh, come on! You really need to jump on the band wagon! Everyone I know has one.
京晶:别犹豫了,你真的应该赶上潮流,我认识的每个人都在用新一代手机。
Xiao Gao: Hey, are you giving me peer pressure?
小高:嘿,你是在给我施加同辈压力吗?
Jingjing: No, I'm just messing with you. Anyways, I have to go now, I'll catch you later.
京晶:没有,我只是在逗你玩儿呢。无论如何我现在得走了,回头见。
Xiao Gao: Later.
小高:回头见。
习语短语
1. surf the net = 浏览网络;上网
2. Blog = 博客
3. As busy as a beaver. = 非常忙碌(像海狸一样忙碌) 。
4. tight = cool 太好了
5. give someone a run for theirmoney = 花了某人不少钱
6. I'll admit. = 我承认。
7. a sucker for (something) = 禁不住……的诱惑;是……的粉丝
8. gadgets = 高科技设备
9. a step up = 是……升级版;比……好
10. fork up (something) = 交出;放弃
11. jump on the band wagon =赶潮流,赶浪头
12. peer pressure =同辈压力
13. I'm just messing with you.= 我只是开玩笑。
14. I'll catch you later. = 回头见。
15. later = 再见