Lesson 14 Entertainment
第十四课 娱乐
March 30
3月30日
Now You See It, Now You Don't
变魔术
Read it!
读读看!
Jim needs a magician for his son's birthday party.
吉姆需要为他儿子的生日派对找个魔术师。
Rob tells Jim to learn a few simple magic tricks.
罗柏叫吉姆学几个简单的魔术戏法。
Maybe Jim can make a coin disappear?
说不定吉姆可以把硬币变不见?
No, the party will be very soon.
不行,派对很快就要举行了。
Besides, he can't practice enough.
此外,他也没有足够的时间练习。
But actually, Susie knows a magician.
不过,苏希其实认识一位魔术师。
Jim is so happy.
吉姆好开心,
Susie saved his life.
苏希救了他一命。
Conversation A
会话A
Hi, Taylor. Do you know any magicians?
嗨,泰乐,妳认识什么魔术师吗?
No, I don't, Jim.
不认识耶,吉姆,
Why do you want a magician?
你为什么要魔术师?
My son's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks.
再过几个礼拜就是我儿子的生日了,
I want a magician to do tricks at his party.
我想要请个魔术师在他的生日派对上表演魔术。
Fun! Kids love magic.
真好玩!孩子最喜欢变把戏了。
Yeah. They do.
是啊,
So I need to find a magician.
所以我需要找个魔术师。
But where can I find a magician?
可是我可以到哪里去找魔术师呢?
Look online.
上网找找看吧,
That's the best way to find one.
这是最好的方法。
Conversation B
会话B
Are you still looking for a magician, Jim?
吉姆,你还在找魔术师吗?
Yes. I looked online, and I couldn't find any.
是啊,我上网找了,可是都找不到。
There aren't many magicians around.
这附近没什么魔术师。
Why don't you do a few magic tricks?
你怎么不自己表演几个魔术戏法?
Me?
我?
Sure! You could learn a few simple tricks.
是啊!你可以学几个简单的戏法,
You could make a coin disappear.
你可以把硬币变不见。
I doubt it. Besides, I don't have enough time.
我恐怕做不来。而且,我练习的时间也会不够。
The party is a week from Saturday.
从星期六算起,派对再过一个礼拜就要举行了。
Conversation C
会话C
Hi, Susie. Do you know any magicians?
嗨,苏希,妳认识魔术师吗?
Actually, I do.
事实上,我有耶。
You do? Great! Who?
真的吗?太好了!是什么人?
Me. I can do some magic tricks.
就是我自己,我会变一些魔术。
Years ago, I did magic for kids' parties.
几年前,我曾经为一些儿童派对表演魔术。
Susie! You can save my life.
苏希!妳真是救了我一命。
I can?
真的吗?
Yes! Please come and do some magic tricks at my son's birthday party.
没错!请妳到我儿子的生日派对上表演一些魔术,
It's a week from Saturday.
就在下星期六。
OK. I can do that.
好,没问题。