Certainly it is conceivable that one robe can be sold there,
总有一户人家会买吧?
do you not agree?"
你说呢?”
Hafid nodded again,
海菲又点了点头,
his mind already on the morrow.
心已启程。
Pathros placed his hand gently on the lad's shoulder.
柏萨罗轻轻按着少年的肩膀。
"I will place no one in your position until you return.
“你回来以前,我不会找人顶替你的活儿。
If you discover that your stomach is not for this profession
如果你发现自己不适合做这种工作,
I will understand and you must not consider yourself in disgrace.
我会谅解你,可别觉着有什么丢脸的。
Never feel shame for trying and failing
不要计较成败,
for he who has never failed
一个从来没有失败过的人,
is he who has never tried
必然是一个从没有未尝试过什么的人。
Upon your return I will question you at length concerning your experiences.
你回来以后,我会问你来龙去脉,
Then I will decide how l shall proceed with helping you to make your outlandish dreams come true."
然后再决定下一步如何帮你实现自己的梦想。”
Hafid bowed and turned to leave
海菲深鞠一躬,正打算退下,
but the old man was not finished.
老人又开口了,
"Son, there is one precept that you must remember as you begin this new life.
孩子,在你开始这种新生活之前,
Keep it always in your mind and you will overcome seemingly impossible obstacles
你要牢牢记下一句话,多想想它,
that are certain to confront you as they do everyone with ambition."
你遇到困难会迎刃而解。”
Hafid waited, "Yes, sire?"
海菲在一旁等着,“您说吧,老爷。”
"Failure will never overtake you if your
“只要决心成功,
determination to succeed is strong enough."
失败就永远不会把你击垮。”
Pathros stepped dose to the youth.
柏萨罗上前两步,
"Do you comprehend the full meaning of my words?"
明白我的意思吗?
"Yes, site."
明白,老爷。
"Then repeat them to me!"
那么,重复一遍。
"Failure will never overtake me
只要决心成功、
if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
失败永远不会把我击垮。