Science has changed everything.
科学改变一切
Not just the world around us,but how we see ourselves.
不仅仅改变我们周遭的世界 也改变我们的自我感官
It's hard to overstate how profound this discoveries are.
很难用言语表达这些发现是多么的深远
First up,they force us to leave our common sense behind.
首先 它们迫使我们抛开常识
When we look at the human race clearly and objectively,
当我们清楚又客观地观察人类
what we see is a pretty extraordinary creature.
我们看到的是与众不同的生物
We live,and love,and enjoy ourselves.
我们生活 相爱 享乐
We sometimes break the law or behave badly.
我们有时违反法律或不守规矩
We all have hopes,and dreams,and desires.
我们有希望 梦想 和欲望
But the first thing we must accept just because searching for the meaning of life...
但在我们寻找生命意义时 首先必须了解的是
is that always is nothing more than physics.
这一切是否只不过是物理现象?
You see the entire universe works according to the laws of nature,such as gravity.
你看到整个宇宙根据自然法则运作 例如地心引力
These laws control everything.
一切都受控于这些法则
From the inner working of atoms to the collisions of colossal galaxies.
从原子的内部运作到巨大星系之间的碰撞
I see no reason why we tiny humans should be the exception to the rule.
我们渺小的人类 实在没有理由会成为自然法则的例外