This is why it always worth,just checking out dry riverbeds the animal tracks.See these?
这么做总是值得的 检查一下干涸的河床上面动物的痕迹 看见了吗
That's where he scurried across soft ground left the imprint,
这是它疾驰过柔软的地面 留下的印记
and then gone off again into the leaves. This is a really clear one here.
然后消失在树叶深处 这个印记很清晰
And that's more likely gonna be deer.You see the heart shape to it.
极有可能是鹿留下的 你看这个心形的印记
Around here, that probably means Whitetail.
在这附近 可能是 白尾鹿
If there's more tracks around here,it'd be a good place to set a trap.
如果这附近有更多的印记 这就是一个设陷阱的好地方
Really obvious game trail all the way down to the water.You see that?
很明显 踪迹一路延伸至水边 看见了吗
You don't, ideally, want set a trap where they're drinking,that's where they are most aware.
在它们饮水的地方设陷阱并不明智 在这它们格外警惕
You want to catch them en route there.This is where I'm gonna set the trap wire.
最好在途中捕获它 我要在这个地方设下陷阱绳
I'm gonna make a simple snare using paracord,
我打算设一个简单的陷阱用降落伞绳
some wood,and a ring from my backpack.Okay.That's set.
一些树枝 还有我背包上的一个拉坏 好了 做好了
And the idea is an animal comes along,knocks this trap wire,that releases this ring.
我的想法是动物经过这里 绊到这根陷阱绳 就会松开这个拉坏
That little bit of wood trigger flips up,
触发这小块木头弹起
and this bit of wood attached to the deadfall weight shoots up pulling this noose tight,
这块木头连接着陷阱上的重物 向上射出 拉紧索套
hopefully around the animal's hoof and up off the ground.
希望能套住动物的蹄子 把它带离地面
That's a theory, anyway,give it a test.
但这只是理论 试验一把
Animal comes along,foot in there, trigers the trap wire,foot in there, trigers the trap wire,
动物走了过来 脚放在这里 触动了陷井绳 就这样被抓住了
My trap is set.Now to head downwind and wait.
我的陷阱设好了 现在找个下风向的地方等着
My next challenge And it's a wild boar.I'm doing battle with a feisty foe
我的下一个挑战是 一头野猪 我的对手脾气可不太好