It's good to be back on the road again, Kingy.
金,能再次上路真好。
Yes, but no larking about this time,mate - we've got a proper mission.
对,但这次我们不是来闲逛的。我们有正经任务。
A rescue mission to save some of Britain's favourite family recipes from extinction.
拯救英国人最爱的家庭失败免于失传。
Dishes that have been handed down from one generation to the next
经历时间的检验
and stood the test of time.
代代相传的美味。
That brings back memories. It's a dish to share with your friends.
这道菜唤起了我的回忆。这道菜应该与朋友分享。
We need to persuade the nation's mums to open their cookbooks
我们要说服全国的妈妈们打开食谱
and pass on their best cooking tips,because with fast foods and all that
传授最棒的厨艺技巧,因为快餐等食品的出现,
we're in danger of losing our culinary heritage.
我们的饮食文化遗产面临危险。
So, here we are doing something about it.
所以,我们正做点什么。
First we're travelling all over the country to meet mums with dishes that they want to save.
我们首先环游全国,与那些想保存自家菜肴的妈妈们见面
And then we're going to createa gathering where foodie folk can come together
然后我们要举办一场聚会,美食爱好者相聚一起
and swap ideas and recipes.
交流想法和食谱
This is our recipe fair!
这是我们的食谱博览会。
And it's kind of like Glastonbury...Well, for recipes.
就像以食物为主题的音乐节。
Our celebration of the best of theheritage of home cooking in Britain.
我们要庆祝英国家庭菜文化遗产中的最美味食物。
What've you got? Granny peas,rhubarb and ginger tart.
你带来了什么?祖母维尼的大黄姜挞。
Oh, cheesy pie! Who's gotcheesy pie?! Cheese and leek pie.
芝士派!谁有芝士派?是干酪韭葱派。
BOTH: Clootie dumpling!Ah, brilliant.
苏格兰甜糕,太好了!
I'm going to try that this weekend.
这周我要试试这个。
While we're scoffing the stuff that people are bringing along...
当我们狼吞虎咽的吃着别人带来的食物时
You mean "saving the recipesfor the nation".
你是说“为英国拯救食谱”吧
Yeah, sorry. ..Gerard, our foodhistorian, will be seeking out the stories behind those recipes.
是的,抱歉。食物历史学家杰拉德,将会揭开食谱背后的故事
This has to be one of the most amazing things. Why the shape?
这一定是世界上最令人称赞的事物,为什么是这个形状?
It's cooked in a pillow case.
这是装在枕套里做得。
Can you imagine what it would have been the size of if you did itin a duvet cover?
如果是装在被套里的话,你能想象它有多大吗?
'All these fantastic family recipes are going to be on the Mums Know Best website
所有这些美妙的家庭食谱都会呈现在节目官网上。
'for you to cook at home...'
你可以自己在家尝试。
'Cos we reckon that when it comes to great home cooking,
因为我们认为,说到家常菜
'mums really do know best.'
妈妈们做得做好
Now, we thought it'd be fun to do a Mums Know Best exploration of the simple supper.
现在我们觉得做一期关于简单晚餐的节目会很有趣。
'Suppers are evening food.
晚餐在晚间食用
'Simple, sometimes rustic,but always comforting and tasty.'
简单质朴,然而舒心美味
'It's the kind of meal that's a little reward to yourself at the end of a busy day.'
忙碌的一天末尾,这样的佳肴像小小的奖赏
The supper celebration. Oh, yeah.
晚餐庆典。
Before our recipe fair can begin we need to find three fantastic mums
我们的食谱博览会开始之前我们需要找到三位妈妈
with great simple supper recipes.
她们的晚餐食谱简单却美味
Because we want them and their dishes to be the centrepiece
因为我们想让她们和她们的菜肴成为
of a great simple supper banquet at the end of the day.
在宴会上成为焦点
So, dude, let's get onand find them.
让我们出发寻找吧