April 21
4月21日
Read it!
读读看!
Everyone is excited for the governor's visit.
所有人都对州长来访感到很兴奋。
Alex thought he was going to lead the station tour. So did Rob.
亚力克斯以为自己要负责带领电视台导览, 罗柏也这么以为他要做这个工作。
Taylor fixed that problem.
泰乐解决了这个问题,
Taylor has been solving minor problems all morning.
泰乐一整个早上都一再解决着各种小问题。
But the day didn't exactly go as planned.
可是这一天的进展不尽如预期,
The governor didn't show up.
州长并没有出现,
But Taylor couldn't control that.
但这不是泰乐可以控制的事情。
Conversation A
会话A
OK, Rob. Here's the plan for Governor Johnson's station tour.
好,罗柏,这是强森州长的电视台导览计划。
I was going to plan the tour.
导览是我负责规划的,
Taylor asked me to do that.
泰乐请我做这件工作。
Wait, I thought ... She asked me to do it.
等一下,我以为… 她要我做这件工作。
Are you going to lead the tour, too?
你也要负责导览的带领工作吗?
Yes.
是啊。
So am I.
我也以为我要带队,
Well, only one of us needs to do it.
可是我们只要有一个人做这件事就行了。
I can.
我可以做。
No, I can.
不对,我可以做。
Let's go ask Taylor. The governor will be here in less than an hour!
我们去问泰乐吧。州长在不到一个小时就要到了!
Conversation B
会话B
Abby, did the governor's assistant call you?
雅碧,州长的助理有没有打电话给妳?
No. Is she going to?
没有。她会打吗?
Yes. She is going to call when the governor leaves the airport.
会。她在州长离开机场的时候会打电话。
The station is her first stop in the city.
电视台是她到城里的第一站,
She'll go to the bridge from here.
她会从这里到剪彩的大桥去。
Is everything ready?
一切都准备好了吗?
I hope so. I've been solving minor problems all morning.
希望如此。我一整个早上都不断解决着各种小问题。
Maybe that's the assistant now.
说不定是助理打来的。
Quick! Answer it!
快!赶快接!
Conversation C
会话C
We all worked so hard for the governor's visit.
我们全都为了州长来访忙得这么辛苦这么认真。
And then she didn't show up.
结果她却没有来。
Well, her plane was late.
唉,她的班机误点了,
We couldn't control that.
这不是我们可以控制的事。
I know.
我知道。
Well, we didn't exactly work well together.
反正我们合作得也不太好。
I know. It was my fault.
我知道, 那是我的错。
I asked people to do the same thing.
我要求了不同的人做同样的事情。
We need to work on our teamwork.
我们需要加强我们的团队合作。
Yes. Then we can do better next time the governor comes!
没错,这样下次州长来访,我们就可以准备得比较好了!