This week is in Crawley, southwest London,to meet Heather.
我们这周要去拜访海瑟薇
She's an ex-air hostess who's travelled the world collecting amazing recipes.
她原来是空姐,环游世界收集菜谱
But all her cookery skill is thanks to a family cooking tradition going back generations.
但是她的厨艺来自于家庭的数代传统
Hello!
嗨
Hello, Heather. Hi!
你好,海瑟薇
Hello, Heather, I'm Si.
你好,我是西蒙
I'm Dave. Welcome.
我是大卫。欢迎
Thank you very much. Come on in.
非常感谢。快进来吧
Heather may have been round the globe more than us, mate, but her roots are in my home town, Barrow-in-Furness.
海瑟薇也许比我们见识广,但她和我同乡哦
And the chief beneficiary of the potent combination of Barrovian cooking and international influences is her husband, Dave.
能尝到她结合家乡美味和结合世界各地美食精华的最幸运之人是她的丈夫
And just look at this amazing family archive.
家庭收藏令人吃惊
What great looking biscuits!
饼干看起来好棒
Would you like to have one?
想吃一块吗
Oh, yes, please. Oh, madam!
是的。夫人
I'll tell you where they came from.
我会告诉你它的历史
Oh, aye? This is my family history.
这是我家族的历史
This is my great-great-grandmother,and this is in fact her recipe book from 1895.
这是我的曾曾祖母,这是她从1895年开始写的食谱
And these biscuits are from that book?
饼干也收录其中?
They are, and they had a bakery with her husband, in Barrow-in-Furness.
是的,她那时和她的丈夫在本地还有烘焙店
In Barrow! In Barrow-in-Furness.
在我的家乡?在巴洛因弗纳斯!
How lovely!
太棒了
Isn't that wonderful, though? We're stood here... May I have another?
很棒吧?我们站在这。还想再吃一块吗
eating biscuits that all those years ago.
吃着历史悠久的饼干
were produced commercially in my home town.
来自我的家乡
Can I have another one?
我能在吃一个吗
Have that one, it's the biggest.
吃那块最大的
I will!
好的
The smaller ones are better for dunking.
小一些的才能泡着吃
Heather, what shall we do next?
我们接下来做什么?
How about a Victoria sponge from her recipe book?
做一份菜谱上的维克多利亚海绵蛋糕?
From the professionals. Yes!
来自于专家的。太棒了!
Can we take a biscuit with us?
能拿走一块吗?
Go on, then.
拿吧