Nearly halfway through the experiment
实验进程已经过半
and the kids of the Chinese school think it's just another day.
而中式学校的学生认为只不过是另一天而已
Good morning. Jelly?
早上好,吃果冻不
They're about to get a nasty surprise.
他们即将得到一个不愉快的惊喜
Morning. Good morning.
早啊。早上好
Good morning. Hello. Good morning.
早上好。你好,早上好
OK, let's go in.
好了,进去吧
Oh, my God.
天哪
Good morning, everybody. Can I have your attention this way now, please?
大家早上好。请集中注意听我说
So, if we can close books, put pens down.
把书合上,把笔放下
I need your full and undivided attention now.
我需要你们全神贯注
Eyes this way, please.
眼睛看着我
Eyes this way, please.
眼睛看着我
Ok. Folks, I'm here this morning because some things have cropped up
好。各位,我之所以今早来这是因为目前出现的一些事情
that I think I need to talk to you about at this stage of the experiment.
我认为在实验的这个阶段,需要跟你们好好聊聊
When a member of staff - like I am now -
当教职人员,像我现在这样
is stood in front of you explaining,
站在你们面前说明情况
giving instruction, teaching you, and you're not focused, and you're off task,
给予指导,教育你们时,而你们却不专心,走神
and you're not listening, and you're distracting other people, then there will have to be consequences.
不听讲,干扰他人的话,你们会就受到惩罚,后果自负
We wouldn't tolerate that in any normal lesson at Bohunt and it has to apply here,
我们不允许这类事情发生在博航特中学的课堂上,同样这里也一样
irrespective of any cultural differences.
不管是否存在文化差异
Does anybody not understand what it is I'm asking of you this morning?
有谁还没听懂我现在所说的要求吗
Does anybody have a problem with what I'm asking of you this morning?
有谁对我的要求有意见吗
OK. Well, thanks very much. Have a good day.
好,谢谢,祝你们一天愉快
Bye, sir.
老师再见
The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.
实践是最好的检验
It's very easy for them to sit there, because they know me.
让他们坐在那听我讲很简单,因为他们知道我是谁
It's very easy to sit there,
让他们坐在那里很简单
because they know the expectations we have as a school and nod compliantly.
因为他们知道我们学校的要求,所以他们点头顺从
The challenge will be whether they go back into Chinese lessons and take those expectations on board.
现在的挑战就是他们回到中式课堂后,是否还会认真对待那些要求
Alfie! I love you so much. You're my best friend.
艾菲!我太爱你了,你是我的好基友