Dialogue 1
Jingjing: So, Xiao Gao, what are you gonna do for the weekend?
京晶:小高,你这周末打算做什么?
Xiao Gao: I haven't decided yet, it's still up in the air as to whether I'll go camping with my friends or go bike riding through the countryside.
小高:我还没有决定。还不确定是要和朋友去野营还是骑自行车去郊外。
Jingjing: Both of those things sound really tiring. Why don't you stay in town and hangout with your friends?
京晶:听上去都挺累人的,你为什么不待在城里,就和朋友聚聚会呢?
Xiao Gao: I'm an outdoorsman. I love nature, and besides, lately the weather has taken a turn for the better.
小高:我是一个户外运动控,我爱自然,而且最近天气也开始好转了。
Jingjing: I guess different things make us happy. I use my weekends to catch some shuteye.
京晶:我想,让每个人开心的东西不一样,我通常用我的周末来补觉。
Xiao Gao: I think you'd really like camping. How about we both go camping this weekend?
小高:我觉得你肯定会非常喜欢野营的,不如我们这个周末去野营吧?
Jingjing: I don't know, is it expensive?
京晶:嗯,会很贵吗?
Xiao Gao: Not at all! But I'd appreciate some help with gas money. It's a long drive out to the campsite.
小高:一点儿也不。但是如果能你能付一些汽油费就再好不过了,去宿营地的路程还挺远的。
Jingjing: Okay, I'll spring for gas. Can I help with anything else?
京晶:好的,那汽油费我就出了,我还能帮忙做些什么吗?
Xiao Gao: I'll let you set up the tent, you'll love it!
小高:你可以搭帐篷,你肯定会特别喜欢的。
Jingjing: It sounds like I'm getting the raw end of the deal. I heard that can be a lot of work.
京晶:听上去不公平呀,我听说搭帐篷很费力气的。
Xiao Gao: Don't worry, I'll help you through it. So are we on for the weekend?
小高:别担心,我会帮你的,那么就这个周末了,说定了?
Jingjing: We're on!
京晶:定了!
习语短语
1. up in the air = 还不确定某事
2. outdoorsman = 喜欢户外运动的人
3. (something) has taken a turn for the better = 某事好转了
4. catch someshuteye = 睡觉
5. spring for (something) = 为某事付钱
6. the raw end of adeal = 不公平,吃亏了
7. to be on for (a time) = 约定好做某事
Dialogue 2
(Jingjing and Xiao Gao have just arrived at the campsite)
(京晶和小高刚刚到达宿营地)
Jingjing: Xiao Gao! You should have looked at the weather report before we left! I can't believe it's raining right now! This is the pits!
京晶:小高,你真应该看看天气预报再出发,我简直不敢相信现在正在下雨,太糟糕了。
Xiao Gao: Don't worry, we'll still have a good time. Hurry up and pitch the tent before we get any wetter.
小高:别担心,我们还是可以好好玩儿的,快来,在我们被淋湿之前帮我把帐篷搭起来。
Jingjing: There are a lot of poles, I don't know what to do first.
京晶:这里有很多杆子,我不知道先干什么。
Xiao Gao: There's nothing to it, watch me… There, all done.
小高:其实很简单,你看我的,这样做就好了。
Jingjing: I guess that wasn't so bad. So what are we supposed to do now? It's too cold and wet to be outside right now.
京晶:看起来确实不难。那我们现在应该做什么?外面实在太冷太湿了。
Xiao Gao: How about we make dinner in the tent? I brought a portable stove and some ramen.
小高:那我们在帐篷里做晚餐吧,我带了一个便携式炉子和一些拉面。
Jingjing: Now you're talking! Cooking is right up my alley. Ok, Xiao Gao, just sit back and relax. I'm gonna cook up a mean bowl of noodles.
京晶:太好了,我最擅长做饭了,好吧,小高,你就坐在那儿休息吧,让我来大显伸手一番。
Xiao Gao: Hey, you should come camping more often! You seem like a pro!
小高:嘿,你应该经常来露营,你看起来像个专家呢!
Jingjing: What can I say? I guess I'm just good at everything I do!
京晶:哎,怎么说呢,我就是个全才,任何事都能做好。
Xiao Gao: Well, I'm glad you're having fun.
小高:我很高兴你能玩得愉快。
Jingjing: Me too. Here, the food is ready, let's eat!
京晶:我也是,来吧,晚餐做好啦,我们吃吧!
习语短语
1. the pits = 太糟糕了
2. pitch a tent = 把帐篷搭起来
3. There's nothingto it. = 做某事很简单。
4. ramen = (日式)拉面;方便面
5. Now you'retalking! = 太好了!
6. right up one'salley = 擅长、喜欢做某事
7. a mean (bowl/dish) of (food) = 美味佳肴
8. a pro =“professional”的简称;高手;牛人