1、turn out
(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是
If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.
如果我早知道自己的人生结局会是如此,我当时宁愿让他们杀了我。
Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to...
有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。
原来是;结果发现
Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.
科斯格雷夫的预测最后证明是大错特错。
It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
结果发现我认识那个中枪的人。
(尤指把某人从其长期居住处)撵走,赶出,逐出
Surely nobody would suggest turning him out of the house.
当然不会有人建议把他从房子里赶出去。
They were turned out of the hotel
他们被赶出了旅馆。
2、approach
靠近;接近;走近
He didn't approach the front door at once.
他没有马上走向前门。
When I approached, they grew silent.
当我走近时,他们就不说话了。
与…接洽;找…商量
When Chappel approached me about the job, my first reaction was of disbelief.
当查普尔为这份工作找我商量时,我的第一反应是不相信。
He approached me to create and design the restaurant.
他请我建造并设计该饭店。
探讨;处理;对待
The Bank has approached the issue in a practical way.
银行已经实际解决了这个问题。
Employers are interested in how you approach problems.
雇主们对你如何处理问题感兴趣。