3. The Cloud
3.云
I bring fresh showers for the thirsting flowers,
我为焦渴的鲜花,从河川,从海洋,
From the seas and the streams;
带来清新的甘霖;
I bear light shade for the leaves when laid
我为绿叶披上淡淡的凉荫,当他们
In their noonday dreams.
歇息在午睡的梦境。
From my wings are shaken the dews that waken
从我的翅膀上摇落下露珠,去唤醒
The sweet buds every one,
每一朵香甜的蓓蕾,
When rocked to rest on their mother's breast,
当她们的母亲绕太阳旋舞时,摇晃着
As she dances about the sun.
使她们在怀里入睡。
I wield the flail of the lashing hail,
我挥动冰雹的连枷,把绿色的原野
And whiten the green plains under,
捶打得有如银装素裹;
And then again I dissolve it in rain
再用雨水把冰雪消溶,我轰然大笑,
And laugh as I pass in thunder.
当我在雷声中走过。