手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第14期:埃热先生和罗宾逊太太(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

6 Monsieur Héger and Mrs Robinson

6 埃热先生和罗宾逊太太
At first everything went well.
起先每件事都进展顺利,
Monsieur Héger wrote to me often.
埃热先生时常给我写信,
He was pleased with my daughters,he said;they were good pupils.
他说和我的女儿们相处愉快,她们都是好学生,
But life at home in Haworth was hard.
可是在霍沃斯,家里的生活变得艰难了。
My curate died, and Aunt Branwell became very ill.
我的副牧师死了,布兰韦尔姨妈病得很重。
Emily and Charlotte came home to see her, but she was dead before they arrived.
爱米丽和夏洛特赶回来看她,可她还是在她们到家之前就去世了。
She was a good woman,Elizabeth Branwell.
伊丽莎白·布兰韦尔是个好女人,
She kept my home for more than twenty years,
她管理我们家二十多年,
and she taught my daughters everything she knew.
她尽自己所知教育我的女儿们。
But she never liked Haworth, I am sure of that.
但我肯定她从未喜欢过霍沃斯。
She said it was a cold,miserable place.
她说这地方又寒冷又悲惨。
I hope that God has found somewhere warm and comfortable for her now.
我希望上帝现在为她准备了一个温暖而舒适的地方。
But how could I live without her?
但是没有她我还怎么过日子?
My eyes were now very bad,and I could not see to read.
我的视力现在糟糕透顶,已经无法看书了。
And our servant Tabby was older than I was.
而我们的老用人泰比比我岁数还大。
Anne could not help me-she was a governess for the Robinson family,
安妮也帮不上忙--她是罗宾逊家的家庭教师,
and now Branwell had a job there too,teaching their young son.
现在布兰韦尔也在那儿教他们的小儿子。
So Charlotte went back to Brussels alone,this time as a teacher in Monsieur Héger's school.
所以夏洛蒂只好一个人回布鲁塞尔,这回她成了埃热先生学校的老师。
Emily stayed at home to cook and clean for me.
爱米丽留在家里为我们做饭和打扫房子。
She did not like Brussels,she said.
她说她不喜欢布鲁塞尔。
She was happy to do the housework,and live at home with Tabby and me.
她喜欢做家务,喜欢和泰比及我一起在家里生活。
She was a strange,quiet girl,Emily.
爱米丽是个奇怪而安静的姑娘。
She was the tallest of the girls,and in some ways she was as strong as a man.
儿女中数她个子最高,某些方面她像个男人一样坚强。
She loved to walk by herself on the wild lonely moors, with her dog Keeper running by her side.
她喜欢独自在荒野中漫步,"管家"总跟在她旁边跑着,
Sometimes I saw her there,singing or talking quietly to herself,
有时我看见她在那里轻轻地给自己唱歌、说话。
and I thought perhaps she could see the people in her secret world of Gondal,and was talking to them.
我觉得她能看见神秘的哥恩达尔世界中的人物,并和他们交谈。
I know that she spent a lot of time writing alone in her room;
我知道她花了大量的时间在房间里一个人写作。
and when Anne was at home,she and Emily often talked and wrote about the world of Gondal together.
当安妮回家时,她俩经常一起写哥恩达尔世界的故事。
There were sometimes dangerous people near Haworth, so I always had a gun in the house.
有时霍沃斯附近会出现一些危险人物,所以我家中常备着枪。
Before my eyes were bad,I taught Emily to shoot-she loved that.
在我视力变坏以前,我曾教爱米丽射击--她也喜欢射击。
Sometimes I used to practise shooting in the garden while she was making bread in the kitchen.
有时我在花园里练枪法,她在厨房做面包,
I shot first,then I called Emily.
我先打,然后叫爱米丽,
She came out, cleaned her hands, picked up the gun, shot, and went back in to finish the bread.
她出来擦干净手,拿起枪,扣一下扳机,然后又回厨房接着做面包。
She was much better at shooting than I was.
她打得可比我好多了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
miserable ['mizərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。