手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第42期:找诀窍是行不通的

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Think about what it takes to get into college.

想一下,怎么样才能被大学录取呢
Extracurricular activities, check. Right?
要有丰富多彩的课外活动,对吧?
Even in college classes, most of the work you do is as artificial as running laps.
即使大学课上,很多东西也是形式主义
And I am not attacking the educational system for being this way.
我这么说,并不是抨击教育体系
Inevitably, the work that you do to learn something is gonna have some amount of fakeness to it.
学习过程中不可避免掺杂了一些虚假的东西
And if you measure people's performance, they will inevitably exploit the difference.
评判学生的表现必然会造成学生们迎合老师
To the degree that what you're measuring is largely an artifact of the fakeness.
以至于评判的标准很大程度上就是一种“虚假”
And I confess that I did this myself in college.
我承认我也投机取巧过
In fact, here is a useful tip on getting good grades.
教给你一招考高分的秘诀

创业与企业发展

I found that in a lot of classes there might only be 20 or 30 ideas that actually,

我发现很多课程中,可能只有20到30个知识点
had the right shape to make good exam questions.
可以形成考点
And so the way I studied for exams in these classes was not to master the material in the class.
所以,我是这么准备考试的,不是把老师讲的内容记得滚瓜烂熟
But to try and figure out what the exam questions would be and work out the answers in advance.
而是猜题,提前想好答案
Unlike, for me the test was not like what my answers would be on the exam.
考试对我而言不是考试题目该怎么回答
For me the test was.
考试对我而言是
Which of my exam questions would turn up on the exam, right?
我猜的题目有多少会出现在试卷中
So I would get my grade instantly.
我一看试卷就知道我能考多少分
I would walk into the exam and look at the questions and see how many I got right essentially.
试卷发下来后,我看一下题目,看我猜对了多少道
It works in a lot of classes, especially CS classes.
很多课我都是这么备考的,尤其是计算机课
I remember Automata Theory, there's only a few things that make sense to ask about Automata Theory.
我记得自动机理论就那么几个考点
So, it's not surprising that
可想而知
after being effectively trained for their whole lives to play such games,
从小就这么训练“玩游戏”后
young founders first impulse upon starting a startup is to figure out what the tricks are.
年轻创业者在创业时首先想到的就是找出其中技巧
For this new game,what are the extracurricular activities of startups, what are the things that I have to do.
创业这个新游戏的“窍门”是什么?需要怎么做
They always wanna know since,
他们苦苦思索
since apparently the measure of success for a startup is fundraising another noob mistake.
另一个误区就是创业成功的标识是融资能力
They always wanna know, what are the tricks for convincing investors.
创业者一直在想,说服投资者注资的秘诀是什么呢
And we have to tell them, the best way to convince investors, is to start a startup that's actually doing well,
我们是这么跟他们讲的,说服投资者的最好方法是创办的公司要业绩好
meaning growing fast, and then simply tell investors so.
也就是说,要发展快,把真实情况告诉投资者就行了
So then they ask, okay, what are the tricks for growing fast? Alright?
然后他们会问,发展快的秘诀是什么?
And this is exacerbated by the existence of this term, growth hacks. Right?
增长黑客使这种情况更甚。知道这个说法吧?
Whenever you hear anybody talk about growth hacks, just mentally translate it in your mind to bullshit.
无论何时你听到有人说“增长黑客”,你直接把它理解成“一派胡言”就行了
Because what we tell them is the way to make your startup grow is to make something that users really love.
因为我们一贯的指导方针是创造顾客喜欢的产品
Right, and then tell them about it. So that's what you have to do.
再听到有人说“增长黑客”,你就给他上一课
That is growth hacks right there.
“增长黑客”是一派胡言
So many of the conversations the YC partners have with the founders
YC合伙人和创业者的对话,很多是这样的
begin with the founders saying a sentence that begins with, how do I.
创业者说 “我怎么…?”
And the partner is answering with a sentence that begins with, just.
合伙人说 “只需要…”
Right, why do they make things so complicated?
他们为什么把事情弄得那么复杂呢?
The reason, I realized, after years of being puzzled by this, is they're looking for the trick,
我觉得原因是,这么多年他们就是这么过来的,他们一直在找窍门
they've been trained to look for the trick.
他们接受的训练就是找窍门
So, this is the third thing.
以上就是第三条的内容

重点单词   查看全部解释    
complicated ['kɔmplikeitid]

想一想再看

adj. 复杂的,难懂的
动词complica

 
artifact ['ɑ:tifækt]

想一想再看

n. 人工制品,典型产物

联想记忆
exploit [iks'plɔit]

想一想再看

vt. 剥削,利用,开拓,开采,开发
n. 功

联想记忆
measure ['meʒə]

想一想再看

n. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸
v. 测量,量

联想记忆
confess [kən'fes]

想一想再看

v. 承认,告白,忏悔

联想记忆
inevitably [in'evitəbli]

想一想再看

adv. 不可避免地

 
puzzled

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;搞糊涂的;茫然的

 
convince [kən'vins]

想一想再看

vt. 使确信,使信服,说服

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
essentially [i'senʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 本质上,本来

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。