Welcome to China.
欢迎来到中国
We are here at the snow and ice festival in the northern city of Harbin,
我们目前在北国冰城哈尔滨的冰雪节上
where many families come to start their celebrations of Chinese New Year.
很多家庭来到这里庆贺中国农历新年
This time of year sees the largest annual mass migration on the planet
每年这个时候是地球上最大的年度人口迁徙
when a six of the world's population travels home to celebrate with their families.
地球的六分之一人口会回到家乡与家人共度佳节
That is around a billion people making 3.5 billion journeys in a 40 day period.
这大约是10亿的人口在40天内进行35亿次出行
Join us over the next three nights as we find out what it is like to be at the world's biggest party.
在接下来的三个晚上,同我们一起去探索这个世界上最大的聚会
Yes, get your party props ready. Here is what is coming up.
对,准备好轰趴装备,我们会看到如下的内容
Three, two, one, ago!
三,二,一,出发
Over the next three nights we will be based here in icy Harbin and way down south in tropical Hong Kong,
接下来三个晚上,我们将以冰城哈尔滨为基地,然后一路南下到达炎热香港
exploring how the Chinese experience the most important festival in their calendar.
探索中国人是如何体验农历中最重要的节日
It is like watching a magic trick.
这仿佛是在看一场魔术
We'll uncover this extraordinary annual event and experience the richness of Chinese culture.
我们将会解密这个非凡的年度盛会,体验中国丰富的文化
Sorry!
对不起
From how families prepare for festivities to be celebrations on the day itself.
从家里为节日的准备,到春节那天的庆祝
Across the series I'll be focusing on New Year technology and traditions.
整个系列中我将会聚焦春节的技艺和传统
Happy New Year. Ganbei.
过年好,干杯
I'll discover the amazing way that rural China used to celebrate New Year.
我将会去发现中国农村令人惊奇的庆祝新年方式
And tonight, the Hairy Bikers will be helping out to the world's largest motorbike migration.
今晚,大胡子摩托客们将会在世界上最大的摩托车迁徙上伸出援手
Lets see if we can cut it, Kingy.
看看我们的手艺如何
Come here, try it.
来这里,试试这个
Happy New Year!
过年好
And I will be journeying to the remotest corner of south-west China to track down a living, breathing symbol of New Year 2016.
我将会前往中国西南最偏远角落,去追寻一种2016年春节活生生的符号
Oh, I like it, this.
喔,我喜欢这个
The year of the monkey.
今年是猴年
Happy Chinese New Year!
新年快乐