1、hang on
等一会儿;稍等
Can you hang on for a minute?
你能不能稍等一会儿?
Hang on a sec. I'll come with you.
稍等,我跟你一起去。
(面对困难或阻力)坚持不懈,不泄气
Without the support of my parents I would have probably cracked up completely. But I managed to hang on.
假如没有我父母的支持,我可能已经彻底垮掉了。但我还是坚持了下来。
Manchester United hung on to take the Cup.
曼联队坚持到了最后,夺得了足总杯的冠军。
紧握;牢牢抓住
She was conscious of a second man hanging on to the rail.
她意识到还有另一个男人紧抓着栏杆。
a flight stewardess who helped save the life of a pilot by hanging onto his legs.
紧紧抓住飞行员的双腿而救了他一命的空中女乘务员
2、challenge
挑战;难题
I like a big challenge and they don't come much bigger than this.
我喜欢大的挑战,而所有挑战中再没有比这更大的了。
The new government's first challenge is the economy.
新政府面临的第一个难题是经济问题。
(成功地)应对挑战,迎接挑战
The new Germany must rise to the challenge of its enhanced responsibilities.
一个崭新的德国必须迎接挑战,承担更多的责任。
They rose to the challenge of entertaining 80 schoolchildren for an afternoon.
他们一个下午成功接待了80名学童。