Is all this furniture really necessary?
这些装饰有必要吗
That painting's four hundred years old.Yes, sir.
这幅画有四百年的历史 是 先生
I don't see why you feel the need to pillage Europe of its art.
我不明白 你为什么要去掠夺欧洲的艺术品
I bought a few paintings, Father,not a whole gallery.
我只是买了一些画作 父亲 又不是一整个艺术馆
The bank of England have asked me to handle their next bond issue,so I'm assuming you're accompanying me back to London?
英格兰银行请我处理他们的下一次债券发行 我希望你能陪我去一趟伦敦
I have plenty of work to do here.
我在这里有很多工作
Just remember where our loyalties lie, Pierpont.
记住我们的忠诚位于何处 皮尔庞特
I'll try not to forget.
我会尽力记住
Let me know how you get on.
告诉我你进展如何
I'll leave you in peace to arrange your paintings.
你安静地布置你的画作吧
J.P. Morgan understood the game,and at some point he realized that,as successful as his father had been,he could become even more successful.
J·P·摩根很理解游戏规则 在他和父亲一样成功时 他开始认识到自己可以比父亲更成功
Morgan's father always taught him to avoid taking big risks,but J.P.Morgan is tired of doing things his father's way.
父亲一直教导摩根避免太冒风险 但J·P·摩根已经厌倦了他父亲的那一套做法
He doesn't want to simply buy businesses,he wants to build them from the ground up.
他不想只是购买一些公司 他还想将他们建立起来
He's watched as John Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie have built empires from nothing,and he wants to be next.
他目睹了约翰·洛克菲勒及安德鲁·卡内基白手起家建立帝国的过程 他想成为下一个
But to do that, Morgan needs to find an innovation to call his own.
为了实现这个目的 摩根需要找到属于自己的创新
He sets his sights on one of the world's most famous inventors.
他将目光集中到世界非常著名的一位发明家