What are you trying to say?
你说的是什么?
"All men have the stars," he answered, "but they are not the same things for different people."
人们眼里的星星并不都一样。
For some, who are travelers, the stars are guides.
对旅行的人来说,星星是向导。
For others they are no more than little lights in the sky.
对别的人来说,星星只是些小亮光。
For others, who are scholars, they are problems.
对另外一些学者来说,星星就是他们探讨的学问。
For my businessman they were wealth.
对我所遇见的那个实业家来说,星星是金钱。
But all these stars are silent.
但是,所有这些星星都不会说话。
You, you alone will have the stars as no one else has them.
你呢,你的那些星星将是任何人都不曾有过的。
What are you trying to say?
你说的是什么?
In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing.
夜晚,当你望着天空的时候,既然我就住在其中一颗星星上,既然我在其中一颗星星上笑着,
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night.
那么对你来说,就好象所有的星星都在笑,
you, only you will have stars that can laugh!" And he laughed again.
那么你将看到的星星就是会笑的星星!这时,他又笑了。
And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me.
那么,在你得到了安慰之后(人们总是会自我安慰的)你就会因为认识了我而感到高兴。
You will always be my friend. You will want to laugh with me. And you will sometimes open your window,
你将永远是我的朋友。你就会想要同我一起笑。有时,你会为了快乐而不知不觉地打开窗户。
so, for that pleasure, and your friends will be properly astonished to see you laughing as you look up at the sky!
你的朋友们会奇怪地看着你笑着仰望天空。
Then you will say to them, ‘Yes, the stars always make me laugh!' And they will think you are crazy.
那时,你就可以对他们说,是的,星星总是引我欢笑!他们会以为你发疯了。
It will be a very shabby trick that I shall have played on you...
我的恶作剧将使你难堪…
And he laughed again.
这时,他又笑了。
It will be as if, in place of the stars, I had given you a great number of little bells that knew how to laugh...
这就好象我并没有给你星星,而是给你一大堆会笑出声来的小铃铛…
And he laughed again. Then he quickly became serious:"Tonight...you know...do not come."
他仍然笑着。随后他变得严肃起来:“今天夜里…你知道…不要来了。”