While they're sieving through all the chicken and veg, we're going to make a nice white sauce, which is basically just going to be used to kind of add a bit of juiciness to the pie. Hold it all together.Exactly.
当他们在筛选鸡肉和蔬菜时候 我们需要制作一份白酱 用来增添派中的多汁口感 融合所有味觉元素
You're picking. Is it nice? Oh, yeah.
你咋偷吃呢 好吃吗 是的
What Sunday lunches do you remember from when you were a kid?
你还记得小时候吃过的周日菜肴吗
My grandparents were gypsies. Really? Yeah.
我的祖父母是吉普赛人 真的 是的
And they used to supply all the city of London with fruit and veg, because people didn't have fridges.
当时人们没有冰箱 他们负责为全伦敦提供水果蔬菜
So food really is in your blood and...So, yeah, I was brought up with food. I was brought up with eating...choosing the type of meat, looking at the quality of the meat.
所以你的出身就和食物有关 是的 我从小到大都和食物接触 家人教我如何辨别肉的种类 如何在吃前分辨肉质
And so food was a big part of my family.
这已经是家庭的一部分了
You're well into this, aren't you?
你非常喜欢烹饪吧
There's a fire in your eyes when you talk about food.
当谈论食物时可以看见你眼中的火花
Who first lit that fire for you?What's your first food memory?
谁是第一个让你燃起热情的人 你对食物的第一段回忆呢
Probably being on a...standing on a chair in the kitchen next to my granddad carving up the beef and, showing me what to do and then, my dad on the other side of the kitchen, frying up the veal escallops and things.And putting it in breadcrumbs and then into the...
大概是站在厨房椅子上 站在祖父身旁看他切牛肉 他示范给我看如何切牛肉 站在另一边的爸爸在炸小牛肉 放入面包 肉片
Are you quite happy with that, chef?
这样满意嘛 大厨
Oh, it's lovely, that's perfect. That's the one, isn't it? Peter.
很完美 就是他了 皮特
We've picked this chicken to death. What now?
我们选好鸡肉了 接下来做什么
Excellent. Right. What we're going to do now guys, is we're going to assemble everything into the pie.
好 我们现在把食材放入派中
The pie's coming together now, which is more than can be said for Susan's kitchen.
馅饼准备工作即将完成 苏珊厨房中的新菜肴就要诞生了
She's been waiting for a brand new cooker now for weeks.
她已经等待这场全新烹饪好几周了
I've just had an epiphanous moment!
我刚刚灵光一闪
I'm standing where the oven should be.
我站的地方是烤箱应该拜访的地方
What we cooking? Pie. Right. Where we going to bake the pie? Oh.
我们在做派 那我们怎么烤派呢
Peter?Yes, Mother? What are we doing about the pie? We could... Yeah...
皮特 我们要怎么处理派
Excuse me for stating the obvious, you two...The telly's coming round. You're cooking risotto, you're cooking broth, and you're cooking... A pie!
两位恕我直言 电视台来 你们要做意式炖饭 你们要做高汤 但你们现在在做派
Fortunately, Peter only lives round the corner, so at least there's an oven close by.
幸好皮特住在不远处 可以用他家里的烤箱
While the pie is in the oven, Peter's going to use that fantastic stock for his take on a porcini risotto.
派正在烤的同时 皮特要用高汤为我们烹饪牛肝菌意式炖饭