What happened...the tide will just wash all of these up,
海浪把这些东西冲上了岸
and then as it goes out,it leaves it all.There's just masses of it.
潮一退 这些东西就全留了下来 乱七八糟一大堆
One man's garbage can be another man's salvation.
别人的垃圾却可能是你的救命稻草
All these driftwood and pieces of polystyrene are ideal raft-building materials.
这些浮木和聚苯乙烯塑料 都是做筏子的理想材料
Loads of these flips-flops around.And, actually, these burn really well.
这些拖鞋也带上吧 它们燃烧起来效果不错
And before I get into any of this,
在开始整理其他废物前
one of the most important things I can do is actually build a signal fire to go up on the cliffs,
最重要的事情之一就是 爬上悬崖 准备好求救烽火
you know, 'cause if a ship does come past,those are precious seconds.
因为如果有船只驶过的话 它们经过的时间是很短的
I want to be able to light a fire and make myself seen as quickly as I can.
所以我必须以最快的速度 点燃求救烟火 让过往船只注意到
Getting your signal fire ready to light at a moment's notice is critical.
做好准备 保证求救烟火可随时点燃 这点至关重要
A phrase I often use is please remember what's first.
我总是说"记着按优先次序来"
This stands for protection, rescue, water and food.
依次为保证安全 求救 水和食物
Now that I'm ashore safely, the next priority is to maximize the chance of rescue.
既然我已安全上岸 下个当务之急 就是尽最大可能争取救援
Any of these will do.You just need a good, straight branch to make a tripod for the signal fire.
这些都行 只要是结实而且笔直的树枝都可以 来做个放置求救柴火的三脚支架
Okay. Let's get this thing built.This is probably about the most visible point on the island up here.
行了 开始搭吧 这上面大概就是岛上 视线最开阔的位置了
I'll try and make it here...a good view all the way out to sea.Okay.
我在这儿点燃信号烟 从海上也能远远看见 好了