手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 斯坦福大学《创业与企业发展》 > 正文

创业与企业发展(视频+MP3+中英字幕) 第60期:选择行业

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Like, how do you think of solutions?

例如,如何思考解决方案
So the first thing you should do is think of what the industry that you are getting yourself into.
那么首先你要做的便是思考你要选择哪一个行业
Whether it's big, whether it's huge,
无论这个行业现在是否已经做大
you should really immerse yourself in that industry.
一旦选择了,你就应该全身心投入进去
There's a number of ways to do this.
我来介绍几种方法
One is, you know, to really become a cog in that industry for a little bit.
首先,你要在这个行业中工作过一段时间
And so it might seem a little counter-intuitive to do this,
乍一听来,这种方法好像和直觉相反
because most people say, you know,
因为在大多数人看来
if you really wanna disrupt an industry,
倘若我们想颠覆一个行业
you should really not be this, you know, player in it.
我们就不应该在这个行业工作

创业与企业发展

You should, you know,

因为有人会认为
someone who spent 20 or 30 years in an industry probably you know,
倘若我们在这个行业里从业二三十年
is set in their ways and is just used to the way things work
我们可能已经形成了固化的行为模式
and really can't think about what the inefficiencies are
我们可能看不到这个行业的不足
or the things that you can, quote, unquote, disrupt.
更谈不上去改变,甚至是颠覆这个行业了
But, however as a noob like coming into the industry,
但是,现实却不是这样的
you really should take one or two months just really understanding
作为一个新人,你应该需要花费
what all the little bits and pieces of the industry are,
一两个月的时间来了解这个行业
and how it works because it's when you get into the details,
了解这个行业是如何运作的
that's when you start seeing things you can exploit.
因为只有当你了解到这个行业的细节时
Things you can really, things that are really,
你才能发现它需要改变的地方
really inefficient and provide you know huge overhead costs that you can cut down.
只有这样才能减少犯错带来的惨痛代价
And, so an example of this is, you know,
给大家讲一个发生在我身上的事情
when we start Homejoy and we, we decided to go,
当我们创立Homejoy的时候
we started with the cleaning industry and when we started,
是从事家政行业的
you know, we just were cleaners ourselves.
开始时,我们自己就是清洁员
And we started to clean houses and
我们开始给别人打扫卫生
we found out really quickly was that we were very bad cleaners.
但是很快就发现,我们打扫的很糟糕
And so as a result, you know, we said, okay,
于是,我们决定改变这种状况
we got to learn more about this and we went to buy books.
我们要学习清洁的知识,我们开始买书学习
And we bought books about how to clean, which helped maybe a little bit,
我们买了很多关于如何清洁的书籍,但是作用不是很大
we learned a little bit more about cleaning supplies.
我们学到了一些清洁用品的知识
But it's sort of like basketball you know, you can watch and you can learn,
这就好比是打篮球一样,你可以看别人打篮球来学习篮球技巧
or you can watch and you can read about basketball,
或者是看关于篮球的书籍来学习技巧
but you're not gonna get any better at it
但是如果你没有接受训练的话
if you don't actually you know, train and you know,
你的篮球技术
throw a basketball around and throw it into the hoop.
还是不会得到很大的提升
And so we decided one of us basically had to go and learn how to clean
因此,我们决定找一个人去学习如何清洁
And so we went or get trained by you know, a professional,
我们找到了一家
some sort of a professional training programs that existed.
专业的清洁培训公司
And that meant, we actually went to get a job at a cleaning company itself.
也就是说,我们去清洁公司打工
And the cool thing was that you know,
让我开心的是
I learned how to clean from you know,
在清洁公司的那几个星期里
training for the few weeks that I was there at the cleaning company.
我学到了东西
But the even better thing was that I learned a lot about how a local cleaning company worked.
更令我开心的事情是我了解了一家地方清洁公司是如何运作的
And in that sense you know,
从某种意义上来讲
I learned why a local cleaning company could not become huge
我还了解了为什么当地的清洁公司不能做大
like Homejoy is today and that's because they have, you know,
不能像Homejoy这么大,那是因为
they're pretty old school and they have a lot of things,
他们的管理模式非常老套
just from anywhere from booking the customer to optimizing the cleaner schedules was just done very inefficiently.
从与顾客约定时间到优化清洁工的工作安排效率都很低下
And so there is, so, if you are in a situation like mine where you know,
因此,如果你也想创建这样的公司
there's a service element to it, you should go and do that service yourself.
这样的服务公司,你应当亲自去体验该种服务

重点单词   查看全部解释    
element ['elimənt]

想一想再看

n. 元素,成分,组成部分,(复数)恶劣天气

 
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
immerse [i'mə:s]

想一想再看

vt. 浸,陷入

联想记忆
inefficient [.ini'fiʃənt]

想一想再看

adj. 无效率的,无能的,不称职的

 
disrupt [dis'rʌpt]

想一想再看

vt. 分裂,干扰,打断,妨碍,使破裂

联想记忆
quote [kwəut]

想一想再看

n. 引用
v. 引述,举证,报价

联想记忆
exploit [iks'plɔit]

想一想再看

vt. 剥削,利用,开拓,开采,开发
n. 功

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。