Are you aware of payments made by Standard Oil to a Senator, $15,000 to block a bill hostile to Standard Oil.
你是否知悉标准石油公司用一万五千美元贿赂一位参议员 以阻止一项对标准石油不利法案的通过
I don't remember.
我不记得了
We have a list of bribes made by Standard Oil to politicians between 1903... I stepped down as Chief Executive of Standard Oil in 1902.
我们有一份标准石油贿赂政客的清单 时间从1903年 我1902年就辞去了标准石油公司首席执行官的职务了
I can't answer for any incidents that occurred after that date.
在该日期之后所发生的任何事件 我不能负责
You are still President of Standard Oil, are you not?
你目前还是标准石油公司的总裁 是不是
It's an honorary title.
这只是一个荣誉称号
Much like that of President of the United States.
就像美国总统一样
Can I remind you Mr. Rockefeller of the seriousness of the charges brought against you.
洛克菲勒先生 我想提醒你一下 对你所提指控的严重性
As John Rockefeller fights to keep his monopoly intact a new generation of businessmen is facing a new set of challenges as they struggle to get their companies off the ground.
在约翰·洛克菲勒为保持垄断而战的同时 新一代的企业家为了开公司 正面临着一系列新的挑战
I have set out to build the best motor car for popular use.
我已经开始着手打造最好的供日常使用的电动车
The Ford motor car is durable and light, weighing only one thousand lbs.
福特汽车耐用 轻便 重量只有一千磅
It has a four cylinder engine and is capable of speeds up to forty-five miles an hour.
它有一个四缸发动机 速度可达四十五英里每小时
It is priced at nine hundred compared to $1500 for the average licensed car. Which makes it the first car affordable for the common man.
与一般授权汽车一千五百美元的价位相比 它只要九百美元 所以它是第一辆 普通人负担得起的小轿车