An old canoe has been sunk in the lake and left.
一个被遗弃的旧独木舟沉在湖底
See if I can get this thing out.Completely wedged in the mud, though.
看我能不能把它弄出来 虽然被完全埋在泥里了
I think I can get this out and patch up whatever sort of nick is in.
但我想我还是能把它弄出来 并把它修好
It's gonna be a much more efficient way of trying to cross this lake.
用它来横渡这个湖会方便得多
Using the cord and the carabiners from my paraglider,I make a three-to-one hoist,
利用滑翔伞的绳索和钩环 我做了个可省力三分之二的简易起重装置
which should help me to get the canoe onto the shore.
这样我就能把小船拖到岸上了
So, then, this is going from the boat to the shore,
这是从船到岸上
back to the boat and then, around it,and that is three times the pulling power.
再拉回小船 然后缠上这个 就可将我的拉力放大三倍
I'm hardly actually putting any strain on this.Just throw all of this mud and gunk.
我几乎不用怎么使劲 把这些污泥 倒掉
You see where it's leaking out here?It's got a hole there.Let's turn this over.
看到了吗 这里在漏水 破了个大洞 来 把它翻过来
But actually, I'll probably use some of the parachute canopy to plug that.
我的打算是 用降落伞伞盖做个塞子
I've got a quick and easy fix to seal this hole.
用这一简易快捷的办法堵上这个洞
And then I'll just jam this under here,and the weight of that is gonna act as like a plug.
把它塞到架子下面 加上铁架的重量 它就能塞住洞口了
If I sit on the metal bar,it should press down to the material, creating a reasonable seal.
如果我再坐上去 我身体的重量也压上去 就塞严实了
Well, that's the plan.Yeah, this's gonna be good.
至少设想中是严实了 大功告成